The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocation of the family Chummy…
FWIW on our summer hols, running at similar speed, we did about 225 miles/ pint of oil - on a pressure fed engine mind, which perhaps makes a difference. Fuel consumption about the same as Ruairidh's.
consumption was greater on the first day, than the following two days. The engine was settling after little use for a few years.

I built the engine about 10 years ago, from memory.
Absolutely marvellous! Brilliant news that your are home safe and you knew in your heart of hearts that VF wouldn’t let you down.

I followed your route on Google earth and the roads and scenery were quit something apart from the Wirral section, which brought back memories in the early seventies of driving my Lotus Super Seven on the same route through Liverpool in driving rain, when the tunnel proved to be an absolute relief…I could actually see where I was going!

An epic perform@nce from both car and driver.
(26-10-2023, 03:01 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: I always remember the old A74 before it was dualled and then motorwayed. There used to be a bailey bridge somewhere near Gretna Green. Don't know whether it still is but I remember in the days of yore a large proportion of the major roads in that part of Scotland were red, due to the red sandstone used as road and building stone. Quite distinctive.

Welcome tae weegieland, VF

I think the bridge is at the aptly named Metal Bridge.  There is (or was!) a pub on the English end of the bridge.   Many years ago whilst going up to Scotland to value a distillery I stopped for lunch at the Metal Bridge Inn with my work colleague.  We ordered vegetable soup as a starter, followed by something on the menu described as a hot pot or stew.  Whatever it was described as, the main course was the same as the soup, except that it was thicker!
The B7076 is a superb road, I have travelled it many times in my Austin 7 going to and from the VSCC Scottish Trial at Biggar.
Well done R on an epic journey!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I thought that the original “Metal Bridge” that led to the name was a Thomas Telford construction, not the Bailey Bridge that I remember from the old A74

Charles