The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine 'tinkle'
I just turn my hearing aids off.

Howard
I’ve never been that bothered with the noise my Seven makes, but only only run it flat out for very short periods, because my mechanical sympathy gene kicks in!
The brass tube on the starting handle on Ruby rattles something awful, never been able to cure it
Wind a pipe cleaner anti-clockwise round the end between the brass sleeve and the handle end. Does the job.
Thanks for all the useful replies. When I removed fan belt (as advised) sure enough the tinkle stopped. So.....nothing important....I shall just ignore it. Many thanks all.
Garry
Hi Garry

Not sure that is the right course of action. Removing the fan belt has identified where the problem is. That ‘tinkle’ could indicate a worn fan bearing, or worse loose bearing nut or even worse loose fan blade. Or maybe it just needs some grease.  Better to investigate. 

Cheers

Howard
I think it is bearing, fan blade is firm, the fan does wobble on its axis.
While a wobbly fan bush is not a big deal per se, the assembly just might decide to attack your radiator core, in which case you'll sorely wish you'd attended to it!
(26-09-2023, 07:08 PM)Chris KC Wrote: While a wobbly fan bush is not a big deal per se, the assembly just might decide to attack your radiator core, in which case you'll sorely wish you'd attended to it!

+1. Been there, done that Sad

Steve
Reckless “pipe cleaner”? Th’as reight owd fashioned thee!