The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Greetings! New owner from India
Prithvi - Good to hear you have made a start on the engine.

There are a number of suppliers of Austin Seven parts in the UK. Whether they are willing and able to send parts to you, I don't know but I am sure they will respond to you making contact with a list of items that you need. All those below will give you advice about parts if needed.

There are also dealers/suppliers who will help if you need secondhand parts, such as a cylinder head etc.

I suggest you have a look at The Austin Seven Workshop catalogue: https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com

Also: Austin Seven Components: https://www.a7c.co.uk/index.php

And: Seven County Austins: http://www.7ca.co.uk

This is just to get you started. Other suppliers are available if you Google 'Austin Seven spares UK'.
If it helps, I can offer a low compression head for free. I do worry about the cost of postage, however, and any rules that may apply. If you let me have a mailing address Prithvi (send me a PM by clicking on my name at the top of this post, and then find the link, send a private message) I will look into postage costs for you...

hth..

Hugh
Hugh! That's so kind of you. I will pm you. I'm not too concerned about the postage cost; I have some experience in importing parts for my 1958 Mercedes Ponton, large & small. In fact, I brought in a cylinder head for the Merc from the US, a fuel tank & body panels from Germany & a full front fender from Poland!

On another note, I have just been informed that there is an Austin 7 parts manufacturer in India who supplies to the UK! I've placed an order for the pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets, valves, etc. Let's see how it goes.

And finally, what type of 19 inch wheel should by AG Tourer have, being a mid 1931? With the Austin script? 

Regards,

Prithvi
(02-02-2024, 06:17 AM)prithvitagore Wrote: Hugh! That's so kind of you. I will pm you. I'm not too concerned about the postage cost; I have some experience in importing parts for my 1958 Mercedes Ponton, large & small. In fact, I brought in a cylinder head for the Merc from the US, a fuel tank & body panels from Germany & a full front fender from Poland!

On another note, I have just been informed that there is an Austin 7 parts manufacturer in India who supplies to the UK! I've placed an order for the pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets, valves, etc. Let's see how it goes.

And finally, what type of 19 inch wheel should by AG Tourer have, being a mid 1931? With the Austin script? 

Regards,

Prithvi

Yes, the closed-centre, Austin script wheels are correct. By 1931 the centre and spokes were stronger - possibly from early 1930 onwards.
Where can i get a new, stock camshaft for my 2 bearing engine? The usual vedors don't seem to list a camshaft.
I am sure there will be reground second hand camshafts available.
In the UK I don't think anyone is selling new ones, but it's a fairly simple matter to find a second-hand one (take care to choose the right one for your engine as there are differences of centre bearing, for example) and have it re-ground. Paul Bonewell provides an excellent service.
Photo 
Hi everyone,

A photo after disassembling the engine and transmission & cleaning all the gunk collected over 40 years. Now for the task at hand; ordering parts for the rebuild.

I had a lovely chat with David Cochrane yesterday about my list of parts and what I may or may not require. 

I tried calling Paul Bonewell for a camshaft yesterday but he was unavailable.

I already have a new set of pistons, rings & valves from India, which seem to be well made. 

The crankshaft has been ground to 60+ already so I'm in a dilemma as to whether to reuse the original crank or get a replacement. The price of a Phoenix crank is pretty steep for me, so I've got to take a call on that.

If any of you have any advise for me, please feel free to let me know. 

Regards,

Prithvi

Can you please explain why the camshaft needs replacing? 
   Is it terribly worn or corroded?
I am reliant on what my mechanics say & they tell me that the lobes have some scoring on them. 

Regards,

Prithvi