The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moseley Float on Air
the rear in my recently acquired RP saloon still holds air in all sections , probably not been sat on very much !, regards to all Rob.
Pictures of a Ruby Moseley rear seat squab:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For those who may be hesitating about showing interest in re-manufacture, may I say that I have owned (Austin Ruby and Opal) and ridden in (Riley, Talbot and Aston Martin) cars with Moseley cushions, and can say they provide the most comfortable seats I have ever ridden in. The Talbot with air cushions in the backrests as well as the base cushion was absolutely superb.  Almost regardless of cost you will not be disappointed!
I would be interested in a set for my Pearl.
Gordon
+ 1 set for the ruby here.
Thank you to all those who have expressed an interest.
All noted.
Chris.
Chris

If you are interested I have the contact details of the "Hovercraft" company and very friendly guy who manufactured the copies. They repaired one of mine just before they were told not economical to continue production.

Martin
(02-08-2023, 04:04 AM)Erich Wrote: I have a tent made by a company named NEMO which uses inflatable tubes to keep it erected and I may contact the maker to learn more about his suppliers. He had worked with NASA on some of his designs so there may be a good source of durable tubes there.

Erich it's funny you should mention NEMO, I'm just back from 3 weeks' camping in Europe and for this trip I made a not-inconsiderable investment in two of their inflatable "camping mats". They each roll up about the size of a wine bottle so we were easily able to carry two in the space formerly occupied by a single foam roll - which in the Ulster is a big win. They are light years away from the air beds I remember from the 60's and 70's - as comfortable to sleep on as my bed at home and they easily stay inflated for two or three days without any adjustment. They also have a brilliant inflation system which takes up zero space & weight. I rather doubt the firm would be interested in vintage car seats as a business proposition but if willing to share a crumb of their know-how it would be well worth listening.

I have two Moseley front seat cushions (RP) in reasonable (but not serviceable) condition if any further measurements or pictures are helpful.

I'd certainly be interested in a pair of repros, but I think I'd want an idea of price before making any commitment.
(17-08-2023, 10:44 PM)Chris KC Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 04:04 AM)Erich Wrote: I have a tent made by a company named NEMO which uses inflatable tubes to keep it erected and I may contact the maker to learn more about his suppliers. He had worked with NASA on some of his designs so there may be a good source of durable tubes there.
"I have two Moseley front seat cushions (RP) in reasonable (but not serviceable) condition if any further measurements or pictures are helpful."

It would be helpful to have pictures (with rulers) of as many versions as possible; then we have the data saved. I've already put up ones of a Ruby's back seat - here are ones of a front. I can't imagne that there would be any difference between one for an RP and a Ruby - but one never knows.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,
I have got one of my RP. First I could hardly figure out what it was... Weird thing... Damaged in some parts...
I am potentially interested in a reproduction, if the price is reasonable.
Regards
Frank