The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
1929 Austin Seven Gordon England Stadium up for sale
Although an interesting conversation, it really has nothing to do with the rather lovely GE that the thread is about.

Playing devil's advocate, (with tongue in cheek). If on that car a bulb has gone and you replace it are you conserving, restoring or something else?
In that example I would say 'something else' - replacing a consumable item like a bulb is just maintainence.
(20-07-2023, 02:02 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: In that example I would say 'something else' - replacing a consumable item like a bulb is just maintainence.

LED bulb?

c
Nah! That makes it a resto-mod  Big Grin
On the subject of rear lights, I think, at least in the US, it often has little to do with lights, but more with the other driver not paying attention. Some years ago, while driving my modern, I was watching in my rear view mirror in heavy slow traffic, the driver of an SUV behind me. As I moved forward several hundred yards, she did as well, but I noticed she almost hit me because she was texting. She was surprised and hit the brakes before she hit me and I knew I had dodged a bullet. We moved again, several hundred yards and stopped and then I was not so lucky as she hit me. I came to find out this was her second accident rear ending someone in a few weeks.

Erich in Mukilteo
Here there is a Fine for this- Illegal use of a mobile phone (or other device) attracts a A$555 fine and four (4) demerit points.

Still not enough for those idiots  Huh
Two clues tell me that the Gordon England Stadium car was probably licensed for the road.  Both doors wear the older oval emblem with  "Official AAA Emergency Service".  Since 1915, the AAA Club has been offering roadside assistance to its members. Each year they furnish a directory with AAA Service Stations that can handle emergency calls.  The second clue is that this car was found in a shed behind an old Pennsylvania (USA) service station.
Can anyone see a number on the front number plate?  The DMV in the USA keep good records.

Currently £5555 https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5373/lot/640799
I guess there is a reserve :-)