The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astonishing attention to detail
A 4-seat tourer with incredible care taken to ensure that the smallest details are correct. This car has its original armoured cable - softened by a chemical process to make it pliable again. Also, note the tiny seal on the cut-out/fuse box, the correct type of plug and - even rarer - the proper short-type terminal end to the HT leads secured with the right, knurled-edge, screw tops complete with double-spring washers. The rest of the car is not bad, either. The owner insists that the number of twists in the two wires to the horn is also spot on - and who could disagree? Click each picture for a higher resolution copy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shouldn't the fan be painted red?

"Very nice, young Harold!"
I spy a Ruby carburettor!
So Reckless you remember the story of the dog with red painted tackle.
Very nicely done, there are a few details that we could pick up on if being pedantic, like the finish on the firewall being glossy, the cut out covers being painted brown, fan etc. However I feel the owner should be applauded for the effort that has been put in so the car presents closely to how it would have done when built.
Black Art Enthusiast
I'd be a little twitchy in using original wiring.
I have to admit I'm no rivet counter and I agree with Ian that the tourer is wonderfully presented. On my 33 RP the wiring terminal block (the round one) is inside the car, and was there when I acquired it. Is that a model change or just a rebuild error, not that I really can be arsed to change it if it's wrong, I'm just curious.
My round wiring block is on the inside of the car too. The nuts securing it appear to be captive on the outside of the bulkhead, so I presume original.
Surely there must be a degree of discretionary flexibility? As the cars were hand built Reg might have been left handed and put the turns in the horn wires backwards while Ron did them clockwise?
A tolerance in the "crown to sphincter ratio" should also be made...
My 33RP round wiring block is also on the inside. It has a sort of indent on the outside so I always assumed it had been changed, but perhaps not.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!