The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Astonishing attention to detail - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Astonishing attention to detail (/showthread.php?tid=8708)

Pages: 1 2 3

Astonishing attention to detail - Tony Griffiths - 03-07-2023

A 4-seat tourer with incredible care taken to ensure that the smallest details are correct. This car has its original armoured cable - softened by a chemical process to make it pliable again. Also, note the tiny seal on the cut-out/fuse box, the correct type of plug and - even rarer - the proper short-type terminal end to the HT leads secured with the right, knurled-edge, screw tops complete with double-spring washers. The rest of the car is not bad, either. The owner insists that the number of twists in the two wires to the horn is also spot on - and who could disagree? Click each picture for a higher resolution copy.

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - Reckless Rat - 03-07-2023

Shouldn't the fan be painted red?

"Very nice, young Harold!"

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - Henry Harris - 03-07-2023

I spy a Ruby carburettor!

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - Dave Mann - 03-07-2023

So Reckless you remember the story of the dog with red painted tackle.

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - Ian Williams - 03-07-2023

Very nicely done, there are a few details that we could pick up on if being pedantic, like the finish on the firewall being glossy, the cut out covers being painted brown, fan etc. However I feel the owner should be applauded for the effort that has been put in so the car presents closely to how it would have done when built.

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - Chris Garner - 03-07-2023

I'd be a little twitchy in using original wiring.

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - Reckless Rat - 03-07-2023

I have to admit I'm no rivet counter and I agree with Ian that the tourer is wonderfully presented. On my 33 RP the wiring terminal block (the round one) is inside the car, and was there when I acquired it. Is that a model change or just a rebuild error, not that I really can be arsed to change it if it's wrong, I'm just curious.

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - David Stepney - 04-07-2023

My round wiring block is on the inside of the car too. The nuts securing it appear to be captive on the outside of the bulkhead, so I presume original.

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - Duncan Grimmond - 04-07-2023

Surely there must be a degree of discretionary flexibility? As the cars were hand built Reg might have been left handed and put the turns in the horn wires backwards while Ron did them clockwise?
A tolerance in the "crown to sphincter ratio" should also be made...

RE: Astonishing attention to detail - Andy Bennett - 04-07-2023

My 33RP round wiring block is also on the inside. It has a sort of indent on the outside so I always assumed it had been changed, but perhaps not.