The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Speedy" for sale.
On the grand scale of things, it's nowt if you've got plenty.
"Ah, but I've got this one too, so best of both worlds !!!"

Indeed, the Ruby is the perfect competition machine. Rubies regularly win their classes at all sorts of events.
Well, she won the 1996 Chobham Trial and didn't hang about at Curborough too.
Not too shabby up Kophill, and flew up the Brooklands Test Hill, 2 up. !!!!! Cool
(28-06-2023, 04:03 PM)Stuart Giles Wrote:
(28-06-2023, 01:34 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The car is a very accurate Replica built by Ken Kimber - it is superb, in my opinion.

Have to agree, it is superb, and is built on a genuine 'sports' chassis

...and not only is the chassis a genuine sports but the engine is actually a genuine Speedy / 75 one.
Chris,

Yes, of course I remember! I was paying my then-customary visit to Peacocks saleroom on a Saturday morning. I often wonder about those distant pre-stroke days days when I could actually drive my Austin Speedies......

BTW has anybody else picked up on the fact that the genuine Speedy engine is actually the spare engine?

Peter
Pleanty of ways of spending your money at Robin's place. I know this is an Austin forum but some very nice Rileys and a great standard 9 there as well and they all look tip top.
(28-06-2023, 10:13 PM)Peter Butler Wrote: Chris,

Yes, of course I remember! I was paying my then-customary visit to Peacocks saleroom on a Saturday morning. I often wonder about those distant pre-stroke days days when I could actually drive my Austin Speedies......

BTW has anybody else picked up on the fact that the genuine Speedy engine is actually the spare engine?

Peter

Yes.  
I’d spotted that and given the finish of the car in my mind it’s in no way overpriced with that as an included spare part. 
Still a lot of money though

Charles
(28-06-2023, 10:13 PM)Peter Butler Wrote: Chris,

Peter

Peter, we used to pop in every Friday evening without fail - the treasures we found in Peacocks! Sadly they moved out to an industrial estate, which admittedly helps local parking congestion considerably, but has severed our long relationship. 

That sounds eminently sensible to me - a "driving" engine and a pukka one for shows and bragging rights.

As probably most of us do, I had long imagined a special I might build, and it would definitely have been something of this kind - albeit on a slightly more modest budget. Given that I now have two cars in need of major restoration I doubt it will ever come to pass.
As I get older the attraction of doors gets stronger

C
Charles,

I agree about doors - of which of course the Speedy does have two.

Long gone are the days when I could jump in, slide down behind the wheel, and start the engine before pulling away at what seemed like enormous speed.... It felt very good!

If I were looking for a good sporting Austin to drive around in, I would certainly consider buying it - what a superb re-creation it looks like. Plus the fact that it comes with a spare Speedy engine.

Peter