The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Speedy" for sale.
Has anyone else noticed that Robin Lawton has in stock a "Speedy"? Not only that, in the advert he says that he also has an extra and genuine Speedy engine to sell.

Peter Butler.
Hello Peter! Don't know if you'll remember me, but we spoke some years back after I found your Speedy parked outside the chip shop around the corner in Bedford and I waited for you to return (actually I was thinking of nicking it but you returned too quickly!  Big Grin)

Speedy replica I believe - but even so, it's a beauty:
https://www.robinlawton.com/cars/1934-au...-sale&pg=1
https://www.robinlawton.com/cars/1934-au...-sale&pg=1

It says it's a replica and the engine is a "correct type pressure fed Sports engine".
A bit too expensive for me, but I'd rather spend £24,000 on that than on one of the many Ulsteroids at similar prices.
The car is a very accurate Replica built by Ken Kimber - it is superb, in my opinion.

Robin is also selling Jen's Roll Top newspaper van.
For less than £24K you can get one of these, and the engines bullet-proof !!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So what? I would much prefer the Austin  Big Grin

Perhaps more telling is that for the same money I could buy some much more exotic, and dare I say more desirable, pre-War cars.
Ah, but I've got this one too, so best of both worlds !!!
.jpg   338501667_934076780966652_6749319675928059485_n.jpg (Size: 92.52 KB / Downloads: 374)
(28-06-2023, 01:34 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The car is a very accurate Replica built by Ken Kimber - it is superb, in my opinion.

Have to agree, it is superb, and is built on a genuine 'sports' chassis
It will probably not seem too expensive to the person who eventually buys it.