The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Electric Arrow
Oops yes. But I think that means the B response is wrong as the 40 year rule does apply I believe.
I heard the other day that punk was approaching its 50th anniversary and that simply can't be true. I refuse to believe I am old enough to have been pogoing to Friggin in the riggin at the local youth club. It must surely haven been a revival or something rather than the first time around.
I am holding on to the fact that my childhood pet is still alive so I can't be that old...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Your childhood pet is still alive? What is it? A Giant Tortoise? :-)
Hi Andy, lm interested to know what your 50 year old pet is — perhaps an elephant or a parrot?
(16-07-2023, 10:04 PM)Chris KC Wrote:
(16-07-2023, 09:13 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: Although I wasn't expecting to be interested in converting my Seven to an EV, the more I read about possible future restrictions, the more it seems sensible to at least look at the feasibility (and costs) of conversion - in case it becomes the only option around here (Warrington)!  (I hope not.) 

Looks like about 10kW would be plenty for the motor?  In terms of range - perhaps 100 miles would be a good starting point at which to aim?  Looking on-line, there is a Citroen Ami light-car being produced in France that takes a 48 volt 5.5KWHr battery costing about £500 - which might give a range of about 50 miles? - so perhaps two would be better?  Not sure how much these weigh, or what dimensions they are, but a 10KW motor doesn't weigh much, or take up much space.  So, maybe a suitable frame could be installed in the engine bay to carry the batteries where the engine usually sits, with the motor mounted where the clutch and gear box is now?

Colin, I'm struggling to understand what the point would be... An A7 which can only do 50 miles and whines like a milk float would merely serve to remind us of what we will have lost.
I’d have to agree with you Chris.I think that IF I had to drive a milk float it might as well be made of modern components with better brakes etc.
Nick/Charles
You were close Nick, meet Bertie the tortoise (not giant, just 8 inches long and never grown). He was bought by my parents in the late 50s and now lives with my sister. I was jealous if being deprived of Bertie so I made myself a wooden replica.

.jpg   1 Bertie real.jpg (Size: 288.96 KB / Downloads: 290)
.jpg   1 bertie 2.jpg (Size: 167.7 KB / Downloads: 291)
Marvellous!
He is amazing and such an easy sitter for me to copy as he tended not to run off Smile
You’re not old Andy I had a mortgage and children well before the Sex Pistols were formed!

Cheers

Howard
If perhaps anybody thinks of converting their Seven to EV think very carefully about notifying the DVLA, a friend did the conversion and notified the DVLA who carried out an inspection of the car and declared that it should have a Q plate which meant the likes of RH wouldn't insure it. He checked with companies that do these conversions and met with silence when he asked about notifying the DVLA.
(17-07-2023, 08:01 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Andy - Hate to say it but 1975 is coming up for 50 years!!!. Seems like yesterday...

I am not at all sure why the B is not classed as compliant.

Any Historic should be exempt. A  mate had the same problem as above with a 1960's Triumph Herald; there seems to be some kind of database glitch going on. He called TFL and after sending them a scan showing the car's 'Historic' tax status on the V5C, they have fixed it.

I've checked mine and Sue's A7s and other 'interesting' vehicles, all good....

[Image: 53056936616_fa18c15c1f_z.jpg]

That's my 1950 pickup truck. Good to know that it's "helping to improve the air quality across London" as above. However, as it's only likely to visit the ULEZ once in a blue moon, the phrase "a drop in ocean" is fitting IMO

[Image: 53057317165_2c5dffb7ca_z.jpg]