The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the 7 was such a success...
Is it possible to have for fun than this?

https://www.google.com/search?q=festival...W99VfXPoaE

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Tony

It was, for several years, held at Llysdinam Hall just about 5 miles from me, however, invitation only so I never got to see it.

I’m sure anytime likeminded people get together to enjoy their cars they will have similar ‘fun’.

Cheers

Howard
Absolutely bonkers. And absolutely marvellous!
these are the vehicles the austin seven replaced and you can see why it was so successful. So successful in fact the machines were immediately pushed in the barn never to be driven again, and now in the light of day behold the wonderful patina. Grip the steering wheel tightly and enjoy! I even note some white legs that have'nt seen the light of day for years Big Grin
Excellent
Had a laugh out loud 'Flinstones' moment at about 9 mins.
Also not sure that pedestrian safety had been completely thought through for the propellor car.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
The Leyat Helica should have a wire-mesh screen to protect pedestrians from poking their fingers in the propeller, looks like the restoration cut corners there!
And they thought people who drove Austin 7s were strange  Big Grin
The Leyat prototype in 1913 had three wheels, by the time it went onto production in 1919 it was on four wheels., Brakes only at the front, as steering was by the central pivoted rear axle.  As Mike points out there was full safety wire cage, a feature which was shared by the prop powered four wheel cyclecar built by Walter Jones, here in Abergavenny. Jones had initially essayed a fearsome looking three wheeler using the engine from the Bleriot crashed by his employer, Sir Edward Channing Wills. The three wheeler could only have been used on the estate whereas the subsequent  four wheeler had mudguards and running boards as well as a propeller cage.  Now no doubt many Seven owners can easily reach round to a groaning bookshelf in their study, and pull down their copy of "Cyclecars, An Annotated  Index" a rather helpful reference book on such matters. If by any chance the vital volume has yet to be acquired, copies are still in stock, a PM will cause a copy to be posted, or handed over at Shobdon airfield tomorrow, or at Shelsley on Sunday 2nd July  or Ian Grace's Prescott swansong the following weekend. Book promotion here endeth.