The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tallow
I’m going to cook my roasties in tallow...
The secret with the "Confit de Canard" is to remove the pieces of meat from the tin and let the fat drain off. Save the fat for your roasties, shocker discs or felt bushes, or spread it on a slice of Warburtons toastie with a bit of salt. Put the duck on a grille and put it in the oven at 180° for about 30 minutes. It's done when the meat just falls off the bone and the skin is crispy.

Just don't worry about the calories or the cholesterol, you'll get over it. Compensate by serving it with strips of finely cut cucumber and spring onion (and chips)

Apologies to any Vegans or Veggies that might have been offended by this post, but if God didn't want you to eat animals he wouldn't have made them from meat.
That sounds like the perfect recipe for shock absorbers and duck!
and the car is transform-ed!!

Goodness.

(hardly a surprise...)
Is that because the adjusting nuts have worked loose?
Nope, they were all tight and locked. The previous owner of the car (I shouldnt speak poorly of him really) only knew what to do with a spanner when he was painting them. His strengths were round polishing rags and the like. I have been slowly working through the car improving its driving capabilities. It is going to get the shock of its lifetime in a few weeks when I drive the 160 miles to Beaulieu, probably the furthest it has been driven in a single journey for 40 years...
I was going to attempt a suitable limerick and was well on the way with rhyming 'tallow' with 'shallow',  'callow',  'fallow' etc. And then 'duck' made its appearance and I thought I had better stop...
(15-06-2023, 07:59 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: I was going to attempt a suitable limerick and was well on the way with rhyming 'tallow' with 'shallow',  'callow',  'fallow' etc. And then 'duck' made its appearance and I thought I had better stop...

"Being a rather smart fellow,
I oiled all my shocks with some tallow
Which I got from a duck,
But I'm out of luck
For the car handles like a marsh-mallow!"

I'll get my coat.......
David, well done with that limerick. Very skillfully navigated your way introducing "duck" and finding an inoffensive word to rhyme with it.
Cheers 
Graham,
Nice one David. Very PC!