The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donation of Box saloon blind
FWIW as the new holder of the parts kindly donated by Les, I can confirm they are pretty much identical to those in Hugh's pictures. 

I must admit my first impression was "plastic?", but having read up on the topic yesterday I am quite sure Robert is correct & they are a form of Bakelite. 

Robert, let me add my voice to Hugh's, if you could e-mail photos of the original installation to either Hugh or myself we can post them on this page for others to refer to. (I don't suppose you live anywhere near Bedford or Cambridge? If so it would be great to see the car).
my grand daughter is here at the moment so I will get her to take and send you the photos in the next 20 mins thanks Rob.

photos just gone to Hugh via my grand daughters email .if you need closer photos please tell me thanks Rob.
Hello Chris, Blackwood in south wales np12 1hy ,anyone who wishes to see this remarkable original car is welcome to come and see it. Its second owner bought it in 1957 and kept it all his life and it was sold in 2022 by his son. Regards to all Rob
(16-06-2023, 01:23 PM)robert regan Wrote: Hello Chris,  Blackwood in south wales np12 1hy ,anyone who wishes to see this remarkable  original car is welcome to come and see it. Its second owner bought it in 1957 and kept it all his life and it was sold in 2022 by his son. Regards to all Rob

A bit too far just now I'm afraid - but I look forward to seeing some photos.
Higher res Photos from Robert:

Hi, Hugh and others.

A7 rear blind,more details can be found on the Cornwall A7 site.

This may help.
Bill Dixon.
https://www.austin7.org/Technical%20Arti...r%20Blind/