The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atmospheric A7 Photographs
(28-05-2023, 10:45 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Here's a quick, uncorrected background change that even fills in the car windows correctly - previously a tedious job.

That's not just a background change - the relative positions of the cars have changed as well. How did you/it do that?
Unfortuntely this destroys my faith in any picture- after Abl**dyI what is left to trust in seeing or reading anything  Sad
(28-05-2023, 11:31 PM)Tony Press Wrote: Unfortuntely this destroys my faith in any picture- after Abl**dyI what is left to trust in seeing or reading anything  Sad
Adobe aims to have an agreement with all camera and phone makers to, in effect, stamp a raw image with a data file that will show instantly if it's been altered in any way. Not everybody is signed up yet, but that's the idea. They call it by the usual convoluted name - so beloved of these US corporations - "Content Authencity Initiative". Unfortunately, it will still be possible to fool most of the people most of the time.
That will fix it trust me  Big Grin
A very bleak future awaits us if the cynical corporations pushing AI are allowed to succeed. One official estimate was that 300 million jobs worldwide stand to be lost or downgraded. Our creative arts & industries will be decimated. Personally I plan to reject it in every way available to me.
Since most if not all humans have retired, if anyone invents an IT magneto strangler then I for one will be happy.
(28-05-2023, 07:04 PM)David Cochrane Wrote:
(28-05-2023, 10:45 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Here's a quick, uncorrected background change that even fills in the car windows correctly - previously a tedious job.

That's not just a background change - the relative positions of the cars have changed as well. How did you/it do that?

(28-05-2023, 11:31 PM)Tony Press Wrote: Unfortuntely this destroys my faith in any picture- after Abl**dyI what is left to trust in seeing or reading anything  Sad

(29-05-2023, 09:19 AM)Chris KC Wrote: A very bleak future awaits us if the cynical corporations pushing AI are allowed to succeed. One official estimate was that 300 million jobs worldwide stand to be lost or downgraded. Our creative arts & industries will be decimated. Personally I plan to reject it in every way available to me.
I take a slightly more positive view - and it's interesting to look at other significant developments, for example, contemporary reports when photographs started replacing painting caused an outcry. "It's the end of painting!". Computers arrived and everybody was going to be out of work - but not so and employment boomed in new software and hardware industries. "CNC machine tools will see the end of traditional craft skills." No, they require huge background resources in software design and material development and manufacture - and can make complex parts so quickly and cheaply that more people can afford them. What benefits will AI bring? Nobody knows for certain and it will be interesting to find out.
Aye, I bet there were plenty of Luddites about in 1922 when the A7 came on the scene saying " pointless, it'll never catch on".
(28-05-2023, 07:04 PM)David Cochrane Wrote:

No magic - just two original pictures each taken from a different viewpoint. I like to collect multi-angle shots, like these of our Ruby:

Attached Files
.jpg   Multi.jpg (Size: 242.52 KB / Downloads: 106)
I cannot believe they will ever come up with an AI machine that will replace a man with the right hammer and a good eye!
I won't repeat the old saw of the plumber, the hammer and the bill for £100.00...