The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atmospheric A7 Photographs
I've been playing with a new, A1-assisted, Beta version of Photoshop. It's by no means perfect - and most images do need some considerable hand finishing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Incredible and frightening at the same time... Do you use the Adobe test version?
Life is going to get more and more difficult as AI takes over. We shall very soon have no idea what is real. I applaud your skills Tony but AI is a genie I would rather see staying in its box. I know, it's already out...
No matter how closely I look, I can see no sign of the Starcross Pump House. Or indeed any other remains of Brunel’s Atmospheric Railway.
(28-05-2023, 10:14 AM)Frank Stoll Wrote: Incredible and frightening at the same time... Do you use the Adobe test version?
It's the beta version that includes AI. If you have a subscription, you can download it. It works alongside the ordinary version and, after constructing an image (three are produced, allows you to give feedback as to how effective it is, etc.  The Photoshop It's not yet available for commercial use, or for people under 18 and works with English-only text prompts. https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2023/0...al-presets
The crazy thing is that, within seconds it produces something that would have taken perhaps 10 minutes to mock up and another 30 to clean up. Now the subject - or background - can be generated leaving only a few minor hand corrections to be made. Of course, it's far from perfect but with a few nudges on the focus, etc, it's an impressive start. Here's a quick, uncorrected background change that even fills in the car windows correctly - previously a tedious job.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(28-05-2023, 10:33 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: Life is going to get more and more difficult as AI takes over. We shall very soon have no idea what is real. I applaud your skills Tony but AI is a genie I would rather see staying in its box. I know, it's already out...

Oddly, the more this develops, the easier it is to use and requires less and less skill (though there will always be the need for critical handwork I feel). And, yes, it's inevitable I'm afraid but, might have one benefit. Take photographs that must be genuine -  a crime scene for example. What's to say that the image has not been played with to incriminate the subject of the enquiry? Once that happens - or other occasions - one solution would be to use a sealed film camera with a clock and GPS built-in (etc) and put in place a secure system whereby it's handed over to an independent agency to develop and print. Voila! - a whole new "PhotographicSecure.com" industry; shares available soon.
I think I shall start looking for an old plate camera, I can't be doing with this witchcraft!
(28-05-2023, 01:07 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I think I shall start looking for an old plate camera, I can't be doing with this witchcraft!

Mike, all one needs is a good quality 35mm camera ( a pre-war Leica is best) and voila! Lovely pictures that would take an expert hours and hours in the darkroom to alter.
(28-05-2023, 04:15 PM)David Stepney Wrote:
(28-05-2023, 01:07 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I think I shall start looking for an old plate camera, I can't be doing with this witchcraft!

Mike, all one needs is a good quality 35mm camera ( a pre-war Leica is best) and voila! Lovely pictures that would take an expert hours and hours in the darkroom to alter.

I used to have Leica 3G. Post-war but with absolutely superb build quality and incredible lenses.  Might take a bit of getting used to after a digital though - but worth the effort. Lots of fun in the darkroom, too.
(28-05-2023, 05:27 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(28-05-2023, 04:15 PM)David Stepney Wrote:

I used to have Leica 3G. Post-war but with absolutely superb build quality and incredible lenses.  Might take a bit of getting used to after a digital though - but worth the effort. Lots of fun in the darkroom, too.

Mine is a Leica lll built in 1934. And yes the lenses I have are as good as any. I find it’s worth all the fiddle just for the moment when one presses the shutter release......... Absolute perfection!