The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peugeot Quadrilette
Everyone,

Just to let you know that after severe arm twisting (!) by Howard, our Grey Mag editor, both Mike Costigan and myself have agreed to write an article for the said Magazine comparing the Quad and the Seven, together with the suggestion that the Quad may have influenced Herbert's design thinking. Input on this from any of our Friends will be welcome of course. 
My email: ulster29@hotmail.co.uk
(05-04-2023, 09:40 AM)Chris Garner Wrote: Everyone,

Just to let you know that after severe arm twisting (!) by Howard, our Grey Mag editor, both Mike Costigan and myself have agreed to write an article for the said Magazine comparing the Quad and the Seven, together with the suggestion that the Quad may have influenced Herbert's design thinking. Input on this from any of our Friends will be welcome of course. 
My email: ulster29@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks Chris and Mike

Cheers

Howard
There's a Peugeot Quadrilette on display in the motorway services on the A36 northbound, near Mulhouse (close to the Peugeot factory). If I remember correctly it has a staggered seating configuration. The gearbox (2 speed) is incorporated into the rear axle.

I think the service area is called the Aire de service d'Ecot.
I think there is also one in the museum at the Le Mans circuit... I'll have a dig, I may have a photo somewhere....
Thanks, yes, I did miss that one. The rear axle, with its built-in gearbox, must weigh quite a bit more than the one on the 7.
Quite a few more details of the design visible in the various photos in this old listing:

https://www.garagegunnandco.com/products...and-spares

Found them....

Thanks Hugh.
Yes, that a 172 model as the eBay listing is.
Sorry I just took 'snaps' and nothing more 'forensic'....
Posting a rather terse note from Bill !

Forum on Peugot Quadrillette.  I had hoped that these rumours would cease re the Austin Seven's alleged origins. Stanley Edge was most indignant that this was featured in John Woods booklet and elsewhere, as he claimed that he never said this to anyone.  Further, he explained that although rough details of all small cars were published in the contemporary Magazines, he had in fact never seen a Peugot before drawing up the Seven. As I'm one of many who believe that History should be Fact, please be careful what you print.  Cheers,  Bill Sheehan