The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peugeot Quadrilette
Much has been written as to how the Quadrilette may have influenced Austin when designing the Seven.
Take a look at the eBay listing 185833221045 which shows a good selection of photos of a rolling chassis and decide for yourself.
For those who struggle to copy and paste:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185833221045?...R7r_pbLpYQ
How very interesting - so many fascinating details and almost an A7 engine in mirror form. I've saved the pictures and put them in sets of two to keep them within the eight allowed per post. Here they are, preserved for the forum. Don't forget, click the images for higher-resolution copies.

This, Mike, should be your next project!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-04-2023, 12:20 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: This, Mike, should be your next project!

It's tempting  Big Grin
It’s being sold by someone many of us know well
A comparison of the visible engineering design features is perhaps interesting?

The Peugeot chassis looks much heavier than that used on a Seven. Has it got something similar to the clever multi-purpose forging/casting at the front of the Seven chassis that is an outstandingly efficient part of the Seven's design?

The rear axle looks heavier, plus it has various tie-rods in place to take some load and provide stiffness or reduce stresses? The front axle is tubular - another option to achieve stiffness. Wheels are held on with 6 bolts. The front radius arms look small in section - but there are no front brakes?

The engine has a fixed head.

But there are lots of similarities, including the spring layout and the overall scale. I wonder how it would feel to drive compared with an early Chummy?
Looks like an interesting project. Nearly all the major parts are there.
The Austin 7 is a much cleaner design with a much lighter chassis. 

The Austin 7 engine design is also a great improvement over the Peugeot. 

From memory a number of light cars around this time had transverse front and quarter elliptic rear springs
I fancy that squire!
I think you have missed a photo Tony     it appears the gearbox is part of the rear axle. The similarity to the Seven is very obvious