The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RH Renewal's
If you are upset about this you need to speak to the organising body of the events you wish to attend, or vote with your feet.
Andrew, if you really want to attend just make sure they do have public liability insurance, that's all that matters. Then anything you have signed has been done in ignorance and you can have a nice day out in the knowledge that you and they are appropriately covered even if they don't understand that.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Hi Andrew

You can buy PLI for about £60 to £100 per annum.  However I think it sets a very dangerous precedent. The more cheapskate organisers that think they can shift the liability from themselves the more uninsured events there will be.

Cheers

Howard
(06-05-2023, 08:09 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Andrew

You can buy PLI for about £60 to £100 per annum.  However I think it sets a very dangerous precedent. The more cheapskate organisers that think they can shift the liability from themselves the more uninsured events there will be.

Cheers

Howard

Just to note that the public liability insurance for my blacksmithing experience days requires detailed documented, dated and signed risk assessments with demonstrable mitigations against risk points and demonstrable evidence that the day has been organised and run responsibly. I have to hold a medical kit etc etc. Might take the shine off a day out if you have to do that and I would suggest that if you attended an event without its own insurance it might be deemed poorly managed and organised so you may find your own insurance invalid anyway.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(06-05-2023, 07:59 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: If you are upset about this you need to speak to the organising body of the events you wish to attend, or vote with your feet.

Hagerty tell me their insurance covers me at events so I'm inclined to just go, and say no more about it. The ticket for tomorrow's event says... All vehicles/exhibits must have third party Public Liability insurance.
If this is the case, why all the fuss earlier????
(06-05-2023, 10:26 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: If this is the case, why all the fuss earlier????

All the fuss was because it was (and is) such a strange and irritating situation. I am now feeling that it is not good, but I mustn't let it stop me from enjoying life. I am very grateful for all the comments and suggestions.
Anyone else getting crazy insurance quotations from RH?

I just tried to insure a 31' Ulsteroid for 1500 miles per year and was quoted £230 !!!!!!

Last year I was quoted £104 and the year before £80
(17-05-2023, 10:31 AM)Belinni Wrote: Anyone else getting crazy insurance quotations from RH?

I just tried to insure a 31' Ulsteroid for 1500 miles per year and was quoted £230 !!!!!!

Last year I was quoted £104 and the year before £80

Might be an idea to phone them and check what details they have. I've just renewed my four vintage/classics with them. The details they held WRT mileage, where the vehicles were/are kept etc. were mostly incorrect; once these items were corrected the quote came down by nearly £200. was talking to one of their People at the Beaulieu Autojumble at the weekend, and it appears that RH's data is now on a different IT system with whoever has taken them over, which might account for the discrepancies.
I have just renewed with RH, having wondered about changing after I received a renewal quote for my modern sold on February 1st. I called them but correct notices for my four cars and trailer still did not arrive. I spoke with Emma Airey a few days ago and she said someone would get back to me that afternoon; they did not do so. I called the office again yesterday and did get proper treatment from a staff member, Ben, who was able to restore the situation where all my vehicles are on one policy and I believe the premium is reasonable for the cover given. It took just over half an hour. Having used the breakdown service from Europe at least twice I have found that to be totally satisfactory, and although I have no wish to use it again it is reassuring to know that it is there.
It is obvious that there have been problems with data transfer to the new office, but this is not the fault of the new staff who seem easy to talk to and prepared to listen. I have concluded that I am better dealing with 'the devil I know'. Moving to any other insurer you are in the dark about treatment of problems until you have them.