The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuing to report on using E10 in our A7s
This is excellent news. Smile
(12-02-2023, 10:17 AM)Colin Morgan Wrote: The issue is more the potential for unexpected corrosion from any additional moisture in the fuel.  But is this being seen?

I currently have 6 Austin Sevens, and a Twelve Four, on the road - none of them have shown any signs of this.
This has to be good news for Sevens and their owners.
I think the secret for us Seven owners is that if you have E10 (or even E5) in your car the best policy is to use the car regularly. If It's an ongoing project then drain it down.
Ethanol is hygroscopic, it absorbs water. Over a long period of exposure to damp the percentage of absorbed water can cause the ethanol/water mix to separate out of the fuel. This can cause corrosion problems if oxygen is also present. Just 0.4% of absorbed water can cause it to settle out if undisturbed. Use it!

However, let's put a lot of the doom sayers bad news into perspective. Ethanol damage can occur, but over a long period of exposure. The likely mileages of any of our sevens is considerably less than most moderns, so it's all relative. I don't think mine will be affected until long after I've turned to dust. (says he with fingers crossed). Take necessary precautions to protect rubber items in contact, and drive with a smile on your face.
I tend to mix between E10 and supposedly non-ethanol and have had no problems, the Box starts first time, every time, but it does get used all year round...
We had to fill up today, nearest station is in Grantown, 10 miles away.

Performance seems really good, this is a standard early coil engine with mazak updraft carb, the only mod being a chromed ( Cool ) high compression head.

It pulled the three of us along quite happily.

What are you using to give speed, average & maximum speed and distance? Seems useful.
We use a TomTom One version 1 which is obsolete but works well. Can't be updated but the roads up here seldom change.
Jim
It’s a free app on my iPhone called “Speedometer”, Jim.

It’s very useful for setting up stuff.

.jpeg   08C3CE57-8BD7-4723-B6F4-BF1AA74701F6.jpeg (Size: 179.52 KB / Downloads: 214)
Just looking at your posted Photos of the girls, Ruairidh. Oh boy have you got some problems to come! Make the most of this "pre-hormonal" interlude.

HERE

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Girls are no different!

(been there, done that, worn out the T shirt)
Big Grin