The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuing to report on using E10 in our A7s
It’s about a month since we last used the RK.

It had about a gallon left in it From a fill up last October. I pushed it out of the garage this morning and share my cold start up, excuse the grunting, I am getting on a bit now! Smile

https://youtube.com/shorts/zz6aepkYc4o?feature=share
Hi Ruairidh 

What a coincidence… I did exactly the same yesterday (including the grunts) with pretty much the same result.  I did turn over the engine without ignition until the oil pressure gauge moved.

And the day before with the lawnmower (not that I cut any grass). Started easily.

E10 in both.

Cheers

Howard
This is good news, Howard.
Good lord, what have you done inside the footwell to operate individual pedals with such generous feet and shoes? Could you circulate pictures of pedals? Perhaps you are far more delicate than me. Driving the Ruby the brake pedal is irrelevant as I only ever use the handbrake lever, but I am wondering what to do with the uncoupled Chummy.
Started my RP in the garage today. Last used over a week ago. It fired up first pull. All checked over prior to a run to Nîmes and back next Sunday. (19th) for their annual "Auto-Retro" show/get together at the exhibition hall. I'll take some pics if there's anything interesting there. Hope it's a bit warmer next week. Forking freezing here at the moment.

[Image: 20230207-101900-resized.jpg]
The “men only” Pizza Hut still looks great!
Aye, I'm ready to use the "Man Zone" again. Hope the weather warms up soon. Thankfully there's no Sturgeon here otherwise I would have to rename it something woke.

1I've read that a lot of people with " moderns" that have tried E10 say that performance and economy is affected. I wonder why that is, because all petrol cars from 2001 are supposed to be E10 compatible so presumably their ECUs are set to deal with such issues. Even my 1997 MGF with its Rover K series engine is quite happy running on it. Mary's 107 has used it from day 1. I tried it once in the Merc and it didn't like it one bit. Mind you that's because it's a diesel. Only did it once  by mistake.
My wife just looked over my shoulder and asked me if there was a frog on the video...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
In theory combustion energy available is down about 2% for a given volume of fuel - but this doesn't have to affect available power - just a small change to MPG, so long as the engine management system is set up to notice and optimise? (A car doing average 50mpg on ethanol free petrol would now do 49mpg? Would anyone notice?)

Of course, this has nothing to do with road-running Sevens - who would notice?

The issue is more the potential for unexpected corrosion from any additional moisture in the fuel. But is this being seen?
Having been in hibernation for 14 months with about a quarter tank of E10 the RP started on the second swing and ran fine.