The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea for a Ruby Special
While in Photoshop it's easy to stretch and distort images - with care and "cutting out" it's possible to leave the component parts as original but move them around - to give these effects:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is all very well, but how is a gentleman going to drive this modified vehicle while 'sans chapeau'? 

There is far too much slippage of standards these days without the contribution of reduced headroom in one's Ruby causing a fashion faux-pas.
Hi Bluebird7, I like it!  Would you give us some details please.  What's under the bonnet, what chassis, who built it, more pics, etc.
Cheers 
Graham.

"Each to his own" - it's good that we dream differently. It would be boring if all Austin Seven specials looked the same. 
I deliberately didn't chop the roof down because I dislike the American hot rod look on English cars.
Cheers.
If you could just move the B Post back about 6 inches………
Alan Fairless

This is a Ruby Special...

That was my thought when I first saw this thread, Ruairidh. Please stop reading my mind!!!

Steve
Hi Bluebird7, I like it! Would you give us some details please. What's under the bonnet, what chassis, who built it, more pics, etc.
Cheers
Graham.
"Each to his own" - it's good that we dream differently. It would be boring if all Austin Seven specials looked the same.
I deliberately didn't chop the roof down because I dislike the American hot rod look on English cars.
Cheers.
Graham, as I understand the core vehicle is a Caterham, with the Ruby body eased around the chassis, It's a fairly well known car I first saw about 5 years ago,
I actually love it, (but don't tell the purists) My own 'hot' Ruby will be thrashed in anger at Curborough in April, can't wait !!!!
(27-01-2023, 07:21 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: This is all very well, but how is a gentleman going to drive this modified vehicle while 'sans chapeau'? 

There is far too much slippage of standards these days without the contribution of reduced headroom in one's Ruby causing a fashion faux-pas.

No problem. Just let the young lady drive you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's what the sunshine roof is for Steve.