The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAC Club - Austin 7 Display.
No doubt the owners of the six models agreed to have their vehicles exhibited but I think it would have been courteous of the RAC to invite the Officers of the A7CA to attend to view the display and to have a photo shoot.
Has anyone approached the RAC to ask?
I have been in touch with the RAC and next week they will be sending over some photographs of the display. I will post them on here when received.
To paraphrase Groucho, "I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member"

I'll bet they'd have let W.C. in wearing his siren suit!
Hi Everyone,

A few Sundays ago, many A7 enthusiasts joined the Hyde Park marshalling team for this year's London to Brighton run.

It was a very wet occasion, and we were certainly not wearing our Sunday best when we went to the RAC Club for breakfast afterwards. I was in particularly scruffy attire, and everyone at the Club made me feel very welcome.

I didn't see the Austin 7 display. Maybe it wasn't there at the time, or maybe I was too distracted by the Aston Martin in the foyer.
They are there now!

Three in the Rotunda, one in the main Dining Room, another in the Breakfast Room, and a chassis is downstairs by yet another Bar. 

Last night, the Club hosted a delightful supper for the owners, and several others associated with Austin 7's, followed by an unofficial Tour during which two were (briefly) started up, and all were described by someone on behalf of the owners/exhibitors. 

They will be there until next Monday evening. 

Well worth a visit, if not a Club Membership Fee! 

Austin 7 people are not known for being bashful....

Peter.
Hello all,

Try: https://we.tl/t-rvi50HfBDv and follow the link.

Peter.
So not a real Ulster rolling chassis then. (No disrespect meant!)

If someone had asked they could have used mine!
(17-11-2022, 09:58 PM)austin Wrote: So not a real Ulster rolling chassis then. (No disrespect meant!)

Very nice photos - Thanks Peter.

The bare chassis parked nose in to a corner looked a bit unwanted.
And I have one of that type of modern starter fitted, but it's painted black and well hidden under the scuttle 

Charles
(17-11-2022, 09:58 PM)austin Wrote: So not a real Ulster rolling chassis then. (No disrespect meant!)

I'll happily borrow it for an unspecified length of time. I'd love an ulster Wink
(17-11-2022, 10:27 PM)JoeRowing Wrote:

I'll happily borrow it for an unspecified length of time. I'd love an ulster Wink

Austin bought a Bongtree car....

c