The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAC Club - Austin 7 Display.
Just to let everyone know, the RAC Club, Pall Mall, has just set up a display of Sevens.

These are:
Twin Cam single seater
Side Valve single seater
Bruce McClaren Ulster
Mulliner saloon
Rolling chassis Ulster
Le Mans Speedy/75

From 05.00 hours yesterday, until 21st November. 

What illustrious company Speedy is keeping nowadays.....!

Peter Butler.
Any photos, Peter?
Peter - Thanks for posting that. 

I imagine they found it a bit easier to get the Sevens into the lobby than some rather larger vehicles I've seen there! Many will have seen this in today's newsletter and social media but I will put it here as it is relevant to your post.

CENTENARY EVENT AND THE A7CA IN THE RUNNING FOR AWARDS

In what might turn out to be the 'cherries' on the top of an extraordinary year in Austin Seven history, we have just learned that The Austin Seven Centenary Event is a finalist in the Royal Automobile Club's annual awards.

It is one of three events in the 'Motoring Spectacle' category and is up against the 'Concours on Savile Row' and the 'Sir Jackie Stewart Classic'.

Naturally we are thrilled to have received the recognition of reaching the finals and we now have fingers firmly crossed that the judges will look favourably on the Centenary Event when the winner is announced on the evening of the 24th November. Wish us luck!

As if one potential award was not enough, we have also been told that the Austin Seven Clubs' Association - which was the driving force behind the Centenary Event - is a finalist in the 'Club of Year' category of the Octane Magazine Historic Motoring Awards.

This prestigious celebration rewards 'the best of the best' in the international classic automotive world, so we are really hopeful that the A7CA will be recognised for the valuable contribution it makes to the world of Austin Sevens.
Does one need to be a member (or guest of a member) of the RAC Club to view the display?
What a lovely little selection.

Any more info on the rolling chassis? (As being one who also has a rolling chassis Ulster keen to compare notes.)
Just checked. Members only.
Members and their guests. I had a look at the membership fees and I'm pretty sure there won't be anyone in my circle of friends who will be a member. And even if there was, I'd need to spend a couple of months' pension money upgrading my wardrobe to meet the dress code (there's a 3-page document just on allowable footwear!)

At least the website has a picture, so I will content myself with that. 

Visiting Pall Mall - Royal Automobile Club

.jpg   GN004-660x417.jpg (Size: 68.67 KB / Downloads: 594)
Shame it's so exclusive, never mind that it's so far away from Sheffield.
I thought this year was 2022, not 1922.
(10-11-2022, 09:48 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Shame it's so exclusive, never mind that it's so far away from Sheffield.
I thought this year was 2022, not 1922.

David, we'd feel right at home, they still have phone booths "Telephone calls may only be made or taken in the phone booths on the ground floor (outside the Drawing Room)..."
They will have folks like me and you Dave to clean the bogs!