The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other notable Centenaries
And what about Irish independance??

Free State fronm '22
... and Egypt.
2022 is also the centenary of RAF apprentice training at No1 School of Technical Training, RAF Halton.

Started by Lord Trenchard, over 40,000 boys, many from Commonwealth and Foreign Air Forces and from the Royal Navy, all affectionately known as "Trenchard’s Brats" graduated from Halton between 1922 and 1993.

I am proud to say I was one of them (1961-64).
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Ivor, my last camera tripod before I retired was a Vinten. One of the best and I preferred it over the more common Sactler. Bury St.Edmunds, home of Vinten camera support and Greene King Ale, as i recall.

Erich in Mukilteo
As a Junior learner at the London Museum in kensington palace in the middle 60s. the BBC did a set of recordings on British royal houses or Queen Victoria, can't remember which, but they used camera dollies like those with A7 wheels to walk through rooms. Also a narrow railway system to pass through doorways not recording sound. took quite a while with many retakes when the image was not what the director wanted.
(24-10-2022, 07:30 PM)Erich Wrote: Ivor, my last camera tripod before I retired was a Vinten. One of the best and I preferred it over the more common Sactler. Bury St.Edmunds, home of Vinten camera support and Greene King Ale, as i recall.

Erich in Mukilteo

My last job prior to retirement (1990-2006) was as the technical author at Vinten. I hope you read the manual Erich!!
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
I lived with my Grandfather for a while in Bury St Edmunds, he had retired by then and by coincidence, I like Rick was a Technical Author, mainly in the automotive and engineering industries...probably the reason I still have Austin Sevens and Velocette motorcycles!
I certainly did, Rick. I bought my Vinten stix about 1989 or so. As I remember, the spreader was much better than Sactler, 
O'Connor and Miller.

Ivor, a reason I got into Austin Sevens was my Velocette...I liked the engineering. I wish I still had it. I still wonder why I see them being for sale with electric starters. Mine was a stock '64 Venom. I also had a KTS for a time.

Erich in Mukilteo
I too love my Velo, 1956 Venom but I'm ashamed to say I hardly ever ride it. I've seen them with electric starters but prefer the kick. A very nicely engineered bike IMHO.