The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Ow much?!
And now, ladeez an gen’lmen, for your hard earned fifty quid, not one, no two, not not even three, but four valve chest covers! And thrown in for the bargain of the century, six cylinder heads! No sir, not heads for six cylinders, but six perfect examples of the Seven head.
Mine's K6243. According to Tony's web site, that's 1949 which means it's a couple of years older than me. It is in better condition that I am though thankfully.

Steve
On the original subject, he of Water Ski Special fame has this little beauty available.

This makes the Bristol Club Spares Shed stock of gearboxes worth £16,000!

Wait until I tell the treasurer!
Reckers, you might as well get rid of that nice trailer now. You know the Mem'Sahib's will win in the end.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I know John, but I'm trying my best to hang on to it. There was an article in the "Connexions" ex-pat newspaper the other day saying that C15Ds are becoming rare and collectable so if I can convince her that a van and matching trailer is not only cool, but valuable I might get away with it!
(30-08-2022, 08:03 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: Mine's K6243. According to Tony's web site, that's 1949 which means it's a couple of years older than me. It is in better condition that I am though thankfully.

Steve
Ah! The venerable ML7. Reckless seems to have a later one with the improved tailstock and the luxury of a graduated handle on the end of the leadscrew. The ML7 was introduced in 1946, making the oldest celebrating its 76th birthday - and it's surprising how many of that vintage are still in excellent condition. Some years ago Serial K1002 (the second made) passed through my hands and it still turned to a tho' over the first 10 inches. How any old-car owner can manage without a lathe is a mystery for even a "clunker", as the Americans call them, is better than nothing.

Attached Files
.jpg   Ml7-lateish.jpg (Size: 153.32 KB / Downloads: 244)
Yep, I have to agree Tony, moving to the Isle of Wight I couldn’t take everything and my old Norton had to go as it was way to big for my work#hop so I was left with a Clarke lathe, which after a fair bit of work I’ve managed to get reasonably accurate, and it does most things fairly well, but my days of machining to a tenth have long gone!
I still have my Myford 4" toolroom  lathe from 1940(? ) that I discovered a few years ago. I intend to restore it fully when I retire next year.
Should be a nice machine -I think they only made a few of them (500?)
I wish I had the cast legs for it. Will make a nice companion for my 5" Austin and Brackenbury " Primo"
Cheers
Steve Hainsworth
Nobody appears to be investing in the water ski parts bargains...I’m enjoying watching though...little things please little minds...
(01-09-2022, 12:06 PM)Steve Hainsworth Wrote: I still have my Myford 4" toolroom  lathe from 1940(? ) that I discovered a few years ago. I intend to restore it fully when I retire next year.
Should be a nice machine -I think they only made a few of them (500?)
I wish I had the cast legs for it. Will make a nice companion for my 5" Austin and Brackenbury " Primo"
Cheers
Steve Hainsworth
Built only during WW2, the "4-inch" is a good lathe and many appear to survive; I must have come across more than twenty in the past decade. http://www.lathes.co.uk/myford%20mf74/index.html