The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuning my motor
I renewed my worn floatbowl needle valve recently(thank you Robert Foreman four directions to Southern Carburators web site). This has stopped the flooding problem,but the motor won’t now start without a spray of Aero Start . I am using a Solex M V 30 carburettor with 21 mm choke , 105 main jet ,55 slow running jet and a 47 gm float . I tried a 42 gm float ,this gave a fuel level just lower than the 3 mm level the Solex manual suggests. I hope someone can give me a remedy
(10-08-2022, 02:24 PM)Gordon england brooklands Wrote: I renewed my worn floatbowl needle valve recently(thank you Robert Foreman four directions to Southern Carburators web site). This has stopped the flooding problem,but the motor won’t now start without a spray of Aero Start . I am using a Solex M V 30 carburettor with 21 mm choke , 105 main jet ,55 slow running jet and a 47 gm float . I tried a 42 gm float ,this gave a fuel level just lower than the 3 mm level the Solex manual suggests. I hope someone can give me a remedy

So does the 47g float give you the necessary 3mm or is it also wrong?

Charles
Hi Charles , thanks for the reply . The 42 g float gives level just below 3mm . The 47 g is 1 mm lower than rim of main jet mount , without the flooding problem . With the 47g float the motor runs OK but won’t start without a Spray of Aero start . The motor won’t idle below 1100 rpm , the motor is fitted with a Dante aluminium head a moderate camshaft , 28mm inlet valves and Phoenix pressurised c/shaft and con rods and J P pistons

Charles , The motor has been built and running well until the new needle valve was replaced starting was not easy but now it won’t start without aero start
GEB,
I'd get back to Robert - he's the guru.
My Brooklands has the same settings and is fine, although a tad rich.
Chris