The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PXS 897
If you want someone to go along and have a look at the car then I’m only about 5 miles away from where it is. It’s been for sale for a few months now. For the same sort of money this looks a better example https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1481937
If the engine and box really has been rebuilt, then this might be a good honest car if the problems are still visible rather than pugged over...? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265818285102
Yes, I forgot to mention the door drop, that is always worth checking out because sometimes it can be a sod to fix.

The black 34 looks pretty good and the red one on eBay has the look of a car that has been in continuous use for a long time.
Given that Austin 7s were cheap cars, I'm not that convinced that panel lines and gaps were concourse standard when new. 

About 99.5% of box saloons extant show some what is termed 'door droop'. Most of them are structurally sound.
+1 to that. Mine has the horizontally challenged door problem but it's as solid as a rock. I just call it "patina".
Mine is the same, but the doors still open and shut nicely.
Just to finish this off:   thank you for the comments, and particulary the offer to go and see it.

Neighbour has bought the car - he used to own a special in his youth and wants to try an Austin once more.

I look forward to seing it, once I'm back from my boating holiday.
Am I seeing things, or are those sliding windows on the black ‘34 RP?
Well spotted Dugi, unique in an RP, I would say!