The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PXS 897
PXS 897  Box Saloon

My neighbour is showing an interest in this car, which is offered for sale by a dealer.

If anyone knows of this car, could they PM comments to me, please.

Thanks

Simon
Once again Simon, the vital importance of having the original registration number would help, I could be wrong but it looks like an age related number.

I certainly don’t remember seeing a box with that number, it’s pretty distinctive...
Check shows MG,not A7 ?
Apologies, everyone.

My eyesight, combined with a back up monitor - the good one broke yesterday - it is

PXS 697
Good number for anyone suffering from Prostate problems...
THis may help...

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1468473
I’ll stick my head above the parapet then, in the hope that I won’t get my head blown off!

The photographs appear to show a pretty solid car, with a straight body.

Items which require attention, apart from the cosmetics, such as the ventilators, which should be painted, the lack of the painted inner section of the radiator cowling and the Austin script being in the wrong place, the interior trim should have leather facings, the door pockets are missing and the headlining, particularly around the sunshine roof needs sorting out.

All these items, together with the loss of the original registration number, adversely effect its value.

If the buyer isn’t worried and just wants a Seven to drive, then get haggling!
It would be prudent to check the door and A-pillar condition, both doors seem to droop at the rear.
(08-08-2022, 04:33 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote:  the lack of the painted inner section of the radiator cowling 

What bits are they Ivor?
Not bits, Hedd, he means the swaged inner moulding to the chrome rad surround (facing the front). It should be painted black, not chrome.