The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RP De Luxe - Spare Wheel Cover
Ivor, I think what prompted me to fit locking door handles on my car was the tale (told somewhere in these annals) of someone who, at a static display, returned to their car to discover  a family taking photos of their kids in the car without even asking permission. Given that the car is very much my personal space, such an occurrence would fill me with horror! Further, the car often has things like shopping, my Leica III and other bits and pieces in it , being able to lock it gives me a bit of peace of mind.

Anyway, having now got dressed, herewith photos of the original handles:

Ah, it looks like I may have Ruby handles! Not that it bothers me that much.

David, I don’t leave anything of value in the car apart from my tools and with my open Sevens I never had the top up, nevertheless in 50 years of driving Sevens I haven’t had a problem, but there’s always a first time I suppose...

I would always take my Rollieflex with me, I wouldn’t leave that in the car.

Returning to the original topic, I think I prefer the spare wheel exposed!
Certainly I never lock the 2CV. If someone ever desperately needed something they could see in the car, I would rather they opened the door and took it rather than take a knife to the canvas roof.
(10-05-2023, 10:02 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Certainly I never lock the 2CV. If someone ever desperately needed something they could see in the car, I would rather they opened the door and took it rather than take a knife to the canvas roof.

agreed. I had a suzuki Samurai and locked it when the top was down and left it unlocked when the top was up. When the topw was down, I figured someone having to climb in the back might draw attention.
My door handles were like yours David, I polished all the corrosion off and had them chrome plated. The nearside was fitted to the car and a 3/32" hole drilled through the latch and it's box for a nail to lock it. The offside one lives under my seat and I cut down a locking handle to resemble an original before getting it chrome plated.        
I have a friend with an MGB which he never locks but it is fitted with an ear splitting alarm activated by opening a door with the kill switch in the locked boot.
Hello,
After the thread has now slightly changed the topic, I would like to start a new thread to deal with the question of different door handles fitted on the various models... provided that there are any differences (?).
Does a new thread make sense?
Regards
Frank
There are many different door handles, so, yes, that would make sense.