The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring Loom Query
Great advice above, many thanks for the replies.

I have laid the loom out and believe I have everything roughly where it needs to go. Some wires are a lot longer than needed and some have bullet style ends on which I presume I need to cut off?

The main query I have is what are the two identical lengths in the picture for? I didn’t buy the loom so hope someone here has seen them before. The colours suggest they could be lighting so could they be tail lights for rear wings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...p?tid=7891

I think they are the loom that goes to each head light
There’s a drawing in the thread above
Hi

I'd agree they go between the dip switch and the headlights.

Lamp units from the 1950's onwards often used bullet connectors, so if your car has been upgraded to double dipping instead of the original "one light goes out and the other swivels downwards" type you might need to keep the bullets on the loom.

A quick peek inside your light units (front and rear) should reveal all.
Excellent, many thanks for quick answer
Having recently fitted a new loom to my ARQ Ruby, I found it easier to make up a 'mini loom' from behind the instrument panel, to connect to the new loom, as there is not really enough cable to allow ease of access. Also I laid out the loom and using the wiring diagram identified and tagged each wire, although a couple of wires were 'missing' ie; coil to dizzy !!!