The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Cooke
May I add my condolences.

Ken's important contribution to the Austin Seven movement has undoubtedly helped shape and influence it over many, many years, not least through his unwavering loyalty to the 750 Club, in all its aspects and enthusiasms.
(01-08-2022, 08:41 PM)Colin Cooke Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Thank you David for starting this post. It is heartening to see all the very kind messages. I will make sure the whole family see them.

Best Regards,
Colin

My pleasure, Colin - it was the least that I could do to honour a man who has been a constant presence in the Austin 7 world of which I am privileged to be a part, right from my days (getting on for 50 years ago) in the Brooklands Centre of the 750 Motor Club. 26 Whomerley Road is still lodged in my memory cells! An Austin 7 hero and an inspiration to countless A7 enthusiasts.
Peter got Ken completely right. A generous and completely unselfish man. As said- a great Ambassador for the Seven
Ken was introduced to me by my friend Gordon Routledge  who was responsible, among other things for finding Samantha for Clive Ball. Ken and his family welcomed Clive and Sheila back to England after their Seven years with Samantha around the world.
It was Ken who also welcomed me to the UK in 1980 when I exported my special from New Zealand to race in 750MC events .
His boys helped me assemble it from its crate outside their home in Stevenage after collecting it for me from Tilbury Docks.
Their hospitality was unquestionably kind to a young man (24 then) half a world from home .
He kindly loaned me  his chummy (Dingo?) to use whilst I was getting established far from home , and introduced me to Dave Williams at the Seven Workshop in Ware for whom I worked and stayed with nearby.
This is only a small part that Ken played in my stay in England. There are many other great memories.
My sincere condolences to Eileen and Colin his siblings families ,many thanks for sharing him with myself and many others- a lovely man.
Steve Hainsworth, Wellington NZ
We recorded an 'Oral History' from Ken a while back which can be found here:

http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/people/ken-cooke/
A wonderful kind Family loving man. I really enjoyed my recording day with Ken.
Hi Everyone,

Details of Ken's funeral have been finalised. Please see notification attached.
If any of his Austin Seven Friends are able to come along, the family would be delighted.

All the best,
Colin

Attached Files
.docx   Ken Cooke Funeral Notification (1).docx (Size: 144.05 KB / Downloads: 73)
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all that helped to make Dad's send off such a pleasurable experience.

To those that were able to attend, I cannot thank you enough for that incredible welcome you gave to Mum and Dingo, when they arrived at the cemetery. The family won't forget that.
So many people sent wonderful messages, on this forum, various facebook groups, emails, phone calls, cards and letters. To those who contributed to our chosen charity and anyone else for giving up some of their time to think of Dad.

Hope we see you somewhere soon.

All the best,
Colin

.jpg   Funeral A7 line up.jpg (Size: 79.17 KB / Downloads: 122)