The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1” SU Carb
Not if you want the bonnet to shut, as the standard size ram pipes are too long (don't ask). You could cut one shorter and then spin the end up in the lathe, like in this pic. This H1 is fitted with an adapter from one of the cherished suppliers, which is a bit thicker than the one in Parazine's post:

[Image: 20210909-133126-1.jpg]

The UK spec Austins were never fitted with a filter, only the export models. However a pancake filter fitted to the Austin Healey Frog Eye Sprite Mk1 should fit.

PS It was only after taking this photo that I noticed that the split pin on the throttle linkage was about to go on its holidays.

This photo from overhead shows the close relationship with the bonnet side:

[Image: WP-20161121-13-46-25-Pro.jpg]
Its worth reading David Vizards tests on ram pipes , some are next to useless and the proximity of the side panels can cause problems.
Andy
Although there are many dissenting opinions on ram pipes aka air trumpets if you really want one for your H1, try here https://www.scparts.co.uk/sc_en/ram-pipe-1-152527.html and in your case pick a shorty even though personally I would opt for a longer one (shorties are for power at higher revs; long ones for power at lower revs..... bear in mind we're still talking Austin Powers .....)
I only want something to finish it off
I’m not trying to increase the power however I wouldn’t want to adversely affect it either
It’s not fitted yet and I didn’t realise it was so close to the bonnet