The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Didn't Take Long....
Ian,

These are for Austin Sevens that attended the event.

Did you receive one at the event?

Ruairidh
Just so that everybody knows, the "Grey Mag" is the Magazine of the Austin Seven Clubs' Association and is sent out to members of all the affiliated Austin Seven clubs.
It's been issued quarterly since the first edition in 1970 - Publication 1970A.
The cover (cleverly suggested by John Ward) is a facsimile of that used on Austin 7 handbooks, parts list, etc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And even closer to the original now, even to the rounded corners (not obvious in my picture) ! 

The colour is not quite grey although over the life of the Handbooks it did vary-  

It always contains excellent articles  and well worth the annual subscription (here A$30).
(29-07-2022, 01:02 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Did you receive one at the event?

Unfortunately not Ruairidh. As I mentioned in an earlier post my name wasn't down, I thought I had registered the car but I must have left something out when I bought our tickets. Probably only fair as in the end I couldn't take the Chummy anyway (carburettor problems).

I have all the other excellent goodies ... and the memories.
To be clear, did you have an Austin Seven at the event?
No.  Just to clarify, I have no expectations at all and certainly no complaints. 

My wife and I attended the Centenary but the car sadly didn't and I appreciate, therefore, we don't warrant a plaque. It was only Mike's reply earlier that Howard Annett may have some spares, something he had told me himself at the event, which prompted me to email him.  Howard responded that he doesn't have the excess so fair enough. I posted here to avoid anyone else bothering him.
I understand, if your car had been there and you missed getting one, it could have been arranged.
One tiny detail - that I completely forget to mention to Mike when he took over the Editorship - was that all early editions of the Grey Mag started on the first page (as did the handbooks) with the words "A Forward" and not "Editorial". The rounded corners were not originally within budget - but how lovely to see that feature finally included.
Somewhat off subject but what were the contents of the programme/catalogue ?? with a yellow/gold coloured front cover being sold at the Wednesday Prescott Hill Climb event ? Was it specific to the A7 event ?

I believe it cost £5 and the proceeds from the sale were for The Parkinsons' Society.
If somebody would kindly post a photo of a copy on this listing I would appreciate that. If somebody who has copies would post one to me in the UK Mainland, let me know the total cost and who and how to pay. Thanks.
The Prescott Programme was specific to the day. It contained a programme for the days events and articles on sporting Sevens and Seven motorsport just as you would expect. Yes, the proceeds did go to Parkinson's UK. A worthwhile souvenir and a worthwhile cause.

Steve