The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Mk2 Trafficators
It would be great if I could see these in situ 
I can’t envisage where they fit
Thanks
Bump Bump
Not sure if this helps as I'm a bit confused by the discussion so far. This is what a Mk2 Ruby arm looks like; the chrome arm is for a Deluxe saloon (the photo's not clear but there is a raised rib running down the centre) whereas the one fitted to the car is for a Standard (non-sunroof) saloon:

Inside there are two captive nuts in the pillar, these are behind the top and bottom screws in the photo. The cheesehead screw 3/4 of the way up and the 2 little screws hiding under the blue/red wire are holding the mechanism together. Ignore the black wire, it is non standard and is only there because I have flashing LEDs fitted:

Peter
That does help , thanks
The thing I’m still struggling with at the moment is the metal covers I have
There doesn’t seem to be any mounting points for them and I’ve never seen them fitted on another car 
Are they visible on the completed care or are they covered in trim ?
(08-08-2022, 09:04 AM)k8207418 Wrote: Peter
That does help , thanks
The thing I’m still struggling with at the moment is the metal covers I have
There doesn’t seem to be any mounting points for them and I’ve never seen them fitted on another car 
Are they visible on the completed care or are they covered in trim ?
On our Mk1 they are held on with wood screws, the tops of which are exposed. Can anybody provide pictures of entirely original Mk1 and Mk fittings?
(08-08-2022, 08:53 AM)Peter Naulls Wrote:  Ignore the black wire, it is non standard and is only there because I have flashing LEDs fitted:

Very interested to read this - I was thinking of doing the same - any tips?
There are no metal covers on my Mk2 - that's not to say that they haven't gone missing over the years - just a ply panel covered in fabric.

Joe, the LEDs are excellent and very much more visible than the standard 6v bulb but I did have problems with the voltage drop being too much when the trafficator solenoid was activated. I fed 2 thin silicone covered wires to the LED and connected them to a cheap Chinese miniature voltage booster. It will take a variable input voltage and produce a stable (and adjustable) output voltage. It gives you a peace of mind knowing that when the battery voltage drops the flashers still work. A bit of a fiddle to fit it all together but very satisfactory.
To be honest I’m not sure why it needs these covers
The Trafficator is flush and so I can’t see the need for this bulbous cover
Interesting that!