The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Mk2 Trafficators
I’m looking for some pics of trafficators fitted from both inside and out if possible 
I’ve bought some SF80s which I believe should fit a Ruby MK2 but I’m having a little difficulty 
Any help would be great
google https://www.google.com/search?client=saf...8&oe=UTF-8
This shows several leads to the Lucas tech Svc pdf
This has the Lucas Technical Service overseas correspondence course.  It has a section which includes trafficators. SF80 is mentioned with detailed part numbers for each bit and it's vehicle applications and much tech info.

Dennis
Cheers Dennis
Hi

This thread from the old forum should be of interest:

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...6&cmd=show

From memory, the original fitment of the units is into a rectangular slot in the door pillar, accessed from inside the car by removing the metal trim piece. The trafficator itself is held by a screw and tab or 2 screws (can't remember detail). The single feed wire threads above the door and down the windscreen pillar, with earth return via the metalwork of the door pillar.
On our early Mk.1 Ruby, the single, surviving trafficator unit was mounted on a plate with a slot at the bottom and a hole at the top to take a bolt - which I believe is 3/16 BSF. The slot fitted under a captive, mushroom-headed stud at the bottom. I might have posted those pictures before - they show the top and bottom sections of the plate before it was cleaned up and the others the original trafficator arm: over-complex, fragile and with few surviving.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That’s great info Tony
I think what I need is the detail of the plate it fixed to.
As the SF80 was not fitted as standard maybe I need the plate that was fitted to the original type which was a 34c I believe
Any thoughts from floor ?
Thanks
Can someone supply a photograph of the plate and how it's fixed on later Rubies?
Tony
Are these the covers for the trafficators ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, they appear to be the same as the ones on our early Mk.1 Ruby.
Thanks Tony