The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Centenary volunteers!
I add my thank yous to all the organisers, volunteers and every FSC staff member for such a wonderful meeting.  Having spent my life in a career at sea it was great to be able to meet and put faces to names.  My only wish is that it could have been at least a 2 week meet!!!!!!!!!!   Spent so much time in interesting conversations and hobbling around slowly with walking stick that I still managed to miss such a lot.
So sorry my Nippy special was not finished its rebuild to turn up.  Even with that long row of Nippys I just did not manage to talk to more than 3 or 4 owners so the big mystery remains about the stays from bulkhead to radiator cowl/bonnet channel bracket....when were they fitted and how many have them.

My A7 relative that I came in - the Reliant Scimitar, says a big thanks to those who helped when the battery decided to die and gave a jump start to get to Prescott and those who attempted a push start when I stupidly stalled.  Tayna Batteries - new battery ordered Thursday 1055am - delivered to Fire college  beside my car 1105am next day, Friday.

Dennis and Janet.  Heart felt thanks
Yes I agree with all the previous comments.  The Organisers of the show, The FSC Staff, and all the volunteers that
made this possible did a fantastic job. Thank you.
One huge thank you to everyone involved, wonderful times, wouldn’t have missed it for the world??
Stuart,
I have sent you a PM.
Regards
Alan
Great event, very enjoyable. Many thanks to all the organisers.
mark k
Thank you, everyone.
What can I say, a truly once  in a lifetime experience. 
A massive thank you to the organisers and volunteers for their superb work, everything running seamlessly. 
  Everyone at the Moreton Fire college who couldn't have been more helpful, they were lovely.
 When I left on Sunday the same team who greeted me at the reception were now out again on a litter pick. Many of us possibly don't realise the work continued breaking down everything, long after we left.
A truly wonderful, unique event. Having had a little "job on the inside" I must also add that although this was a massive and complex undertaking, all volunteers worked very long hours with great good humour and perfect co-operation. Some had duties so onerous that it was necessary for them to make several trips home and elsewhere to sort out a variety of software, video and hardware problems. It would be invidious to mention their names as I'm sure other unsung heroes did just as much - but without others knowing.
To follow on from the previous emails of thanks. I would also like to add my thanks for the outstanding week that was produced at the Centenary event. The celebration was a joy to be at from start to finish. My sincere thanks to everyone who contributed in whatever way to its success. All of your efforts are greatly appreciated and the event will live on in our memories and in media. Thank you all.
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the late reply to this as my computer decided to break down on returning home from Moreton on Sunday afternoon.

However, better late than never I guess?

This was a simply amazing event that even my non A7 enthusiast wife enjoyed. Many thanks to all who gave their time freely, willingly and always with a smile on their faces to make this event so memorable for everyone.

I really can't think of anything which could have been done to make the whole week go any better. There was plenty to see and do and the cars and the company were second to none.

Here's to the next big event - 110 years perhaps?...
Best wishes,
Nick and (surprisingly!) Frances