The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Centenary volunteers!
After a lovely trip to the Centenary event yesterday (though the box struggled with a couple of the hills) I would like to extend a huge thanks to all those volunteers and Marshals, who worked so hard to ensure we knew where to go, where to park and sign in and pick up a great pack of information

Shame I didn’t read it before Rosie and I enjoyed our picnic on the grass outside the Four Shires building watching the cars arriving...we then discovered hundreds enjoying the Centenary picnic by the marquee!

Great event, I’ll be back tomorrow for some more.
Well done Ivor - and Rosie for getting here at all (unlike someone I could mention), and absolutely agree with your comments about the volunteers and marshals, and EVERYONE for organising this incredible event. We haven’t even got to Saturday and we are overwhelmed by all of it.
THANK YOU ALL, and not forgetting the FSC staff who seem to be most friendly and eager to please.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
We can corroborate all the above.
Been here since Tuesday, in and out each day.
Flawless organisation, no problems at all.
Marvellous pop up museum.
Looking forward to the big day tomorrow.
Richard.
On behalf of all the team, thanks so much for the thanks. Delighted to read that you are having a good time. Tomorrow, with 1,000+ Sevens on site, is going to be utterly amazing.
Nick

Is there the possibility of this Rally being recognised by the Guinness Book of Records - as perhaps the biggest one-make, one-model car event ever or something similar? I can only think model T Fords or VW Beetles as possible rivals.

I had a quick look on their website, but there are too many options on a simple search. Maybe when we return to normal, it could be looked at? 

If achieved it would a small reward for you all running such an efficient event.
Just a thought…
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
What a wonderful day it was at the centenary event yesterday,I arrived before 10 and barely stopped chatting until leaving after 6 pm.
A fantastic array of cars and the most friendly of owners/ former owners of cars there were.
Would have loved to have done all the suggested runs out as everywhere we went there was Sevens going in every direction.
To seeing the collection of historic racers both running at Prescott and the static display of cars some rarely seen and never together as this.The pop up museum great too.
I Would like to thank everyone,especially the organizers and volunteers that made the week possible and to all the very friendly 7 owners,some old friends ,some never met before .
I doubt any other car would have such loyal friendly following as the Seven.
Bob's point about the Guinness record is an excellent one. It also brings in the overall survival rate, and the number of new finds being brought on to to the Register - perhaps the big event will give that an extra boost too?

Last night I read half of Chris Garner's excellent book on Stanley Edge - a proper interesting read - and this morning browsed my Centenary Map to trace the route [that my phone took...] back, from Prescott to Moreton. (I'm still to work out whether the other book duplicates the exhibition for posterity, or supports it! All too much to take in.)

Dutiful volunteers were everywhere, beyond the ones we know about as the visible 'organisers'. I hope they can all be noted somewhere for posterity on the website, as we are all grateful that it made such a rich, integrated experience.

It is surely the feeling and energy from this event that can now cascade to the regional club level to get "new" people interested at the events like Gatwick and others - on the back of the inevitable publicity? I note one FB post mentioned that one of the late Tony Dron's magazine colleagues was driving Tony's car to Moreton; we've also seen Fuzz Townshend walking around.
Just de-camped after returning to Glasgow. I echo the above the wonderful volunteers and Fire Centre staff went over and beyond their duties to make this the most enjoyable event in years. You should all take a collective bow. A great enormous thank you from Myra and Myself.
Just arrived home after the most amazingly well organised event. Well done everyone involved. 
I consider myself very lucky to have been there having tried to cut my left foot off with an angle grinder last week. A massive thank you to my wife for taking my Chummy up for me as I could not use the clutch. 
Having attended the 50th I just had to be there and of course my Chummy which also attended the 50th. 
A superb event and attended by super people. No litter and no rowdy folk staggering back from the entertainment in evening. Must be an age thing!! 
Great choice of venue with excellent staff.
Hats off to everyone.
Gordon
Many thanks to all concerned for a memorable event. Thanks too to those who gave us moral support when our Chummy failed to proceed on the way back from Prescott. Fortunately we were able to reciprocate with another Chummy owner a couple of days later. Austin 7 folk are kindred spirits. It was great seeing so many cars on the road.
Alan & Sally