The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you Centenary volunteers!
Its been a great week and both of us have really enjoyed ourselves. Spoke to loads of people and have learnt lots of things about our car. The routes were fantastic and we went out every day apart from Saturday. We found some great hills and also learnt how to rewire the ignition in a national trust garden carpark!
One of the best bits was the talk on building performance engines which I found very useful and full of great information for those wanting a bit more power.
I echo what has already been said about this fantastic event, and take my hat off to all those who made it happen. Many thanks!
Back to the real World now - getting ready to go to work. On a bit of a downer, after such a wonderful event. 

I can't thank the organisers enough. The volunteers through the week, for working in unbearable temperatures and unreasonable hours, while they were unable to enjoy the rally in the same way that most of us could. The organisers that gave up their time, and probably their sleep over the last 3 years. As has also been said, our hosts were all very friendly, making us feel so welcome - I think the word 'inspired' has been used to describe the venue - I second that.

The cars, the autojumblers, the archives, the cars on the field and in the special exhibitions were all fantastic, but it wasn't easy to get to them, as old (and new) friends were to be found every few minutes.

I'm now looking for a bit of balance, so I have thought of one thing that wasn't perfect - mushrooms only turned up for breakfast on the final day. Outrageous.
I'm being told there were 1034 Sevens at the College on Saturday. Is that figure correct?

Steve
Big Grin 
I can only echo everyone else's sentiments and add that, as a relatively new owner,  I found the whole week very inspiring. I doubt there could be any other event for a single-marque, let alone a single-model,  that would result in such an eclectic variety of cars and owners! The love and enthusiasm was evident everywhere. 

I actually stayed at a farmhouse b&b in Gretton Fields and had mushrooms for breakfast every day, so the whole week was perfect! Smile
I stayed in accommodation about six miles east of the site and also had mushrooms every morning; my host has just emailed me, saying that they "will miss seeing all the Austins on the local roads"; it seems like we made quite an impression on the locals!
It seems you made an impression on the visitors to that area too. A friend was on an organised walking holiday in the area and they couldn't help but notice all the Austin sevens around on all the roads.
Somebody said that there was an 'infestation' of Austin 7's in Moreton on Marsh, very appropriate!
(25-07-2022, 12:53 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Somebody said that there was an 'infestation' of Austin 7's in Moreton on Marsh, very appropriate!

From the number of small (and sometimes not so small) oil patches on the ground where A7s were parked,  perhaps a 'Leakage' of Austin 7s might also be an appropriate collective noun Smile
Hi all, well as Max Boyce  once said, "I was there." And what a week it was, my wife Pat and myself meeting friends we had not seen for a long time,  making new friends, and having a super time.

The organization could not have gone better, thanks to all the marshals and reception volunteers , and the FSC who were very helpful and friendly, there was so much too see and do. The oompah band were fantastic, and the jazz band, well what can you say? just super. 
And the beer supplied by Hook Norton brewery , just fab.Thanks to all the stall holders, roll on the next 100 years bash. S&P (Stuart Pat)