The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C35M dynamo disassembly problem
as I said, I don't think it's been opened before and doubt it's been in use for long. Yes, of course I can swap out the middle bit, but it's only a thread.... isn't that being a bit defeatist, Howard? But I also take your point...!
What is the diameter of the plain portion of the knackered thread measured with a micrometer?
Try and run the dynamo as a "motor". Short the "F" and "D" together. Connect these two shorted terminals to Positive on a good 6volt battery, dynamo body connected to "Negative" If the dynamo is servicable, it will run as a motor.
Robert - the stump is 0.4 of an inch, but looking at another 35M it also looks shorter now than an original. So presumably its going to end up as a 3/8, the same as the other end? But that would entail it being put on a lathe in the first place....?
John - I wanted to look inside before considering anything else i.e. the condition of the bearing. I may just use the dynamo case and swap the middle out.