The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlights
Might have to wait for one of the UK/EU/US forumists to come on board for the definitive answer about the lens.

I think yours should have Lucas Difusa like this:

But as I said I'm no expert on Austin seven lighting.
Regards
AGW
I had my local glazier cut me two new ones in stippolyte and they work fine.
The headlamp lenses on my '31 tourer were also cut from Pilkington Stippolyte
Stippolyte here too with the smooth face outwards.

Steve
So there is no special markings on the lucas ones. How much does the lens difuse the light?
Big Grin 
Just thinking......would highly polished chrome plating be better for the reflectors?   I have always thought "silvering" to be rather fragile and short lasting.
There is a silver polish that deposits silver on a surface (email Downton Abby and they will no doubt tell all!!! Smile)
Chrome plating may be longer lasting, but it is vastly inferior in its reflective character.
I've always had my reflectors bright nickeled. A much better reflective quality and it looks more period with its slightly yellowed tint. Always done by Brian Perkins at Prestige Plating, long remembered by Bruce.

Steve

.jpg   reflectance.jpg (Size: 47.11 KB / Downloads: 164)
I’ve been restoring lamps since 1974 and tried a number of reflector finishes. Frankly I believe nothing beats Silver plating. I’ve tried chrome and nickel which I always felt didn’t give a satisfactory reflective quality. The ‘flash’ aluminium finish is similar to chrome. 
If silvering was good enough for Lucas for decades then it’s good enough for me.
Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire.