The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reflectors
You don't need to screw the reflectors to the wings or body. You can put rare earth magnets inside the Bluemels type of reflector by removing the washer inside and replacing it with rare earth magnets. 
 Then you can 'stick' them on and remove them for cleaning or at a rally or Concours.
I tried this but the magnets were too strong.  Any recommendations?
(21-06-2022, 11:27 PM)Robin Oldfield Wrote: I tried this but the magnets were too strong.  Any recommendations?

Leave the washer inside and put the magnet under the wing?
Perfect!  Why didn't I think of that?  Don't answer.
For the benefit of Mr Griffiths and others like him the advice on the legal requirements are given by someone who knows what the law requires. Not a plod (whatever one of those are.). If you want to keep you vehicle original fine but trailer it everywhere. If you want to use it and drive it on the road, make it legal.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.

.jpg   Screenshot_20220622-184003_Chrome.jpg (Size: 145.04 KB / Downloads: 187)

Mr Plod is one of Noddys friends.
(22-06-2022, 09:45 AM)John Mason Wrote: For the benefit of Mr Griffiths and others like him the advice on the legal requirements are given by someone who knows what the law requires. Not a plod (whatever one of those are.).  If you want to keep you vehicle original fine but trailer it everywhere. If you want to use it and drive it on the road, make it legal.

John Mason.
We know the law and we also realise that highly unlikely enforcement of it by plod or plodesses. Further, we also know the full safety implications of using a vehicle not properly equipped for the conditions in which is being driven. You are of course welcome to take your own advice - others will no doubt follow their desired course of action.
I know the law and when and how to enforce it. Many minor offences can be dealt with by way of a caution but not when they keep being committed. Anyone referring to me as a plod or Mr Plod would immediately have failed the attitude test and have been reported for any offences. Moral is be respectful especially if you are in the wrong.

John Mason
Of course, if one believes media reports, today the high-up Plods are far too busy instructing constables to check the "thinking" of people, their "attitude", encouraging the inspection of Facebook posts and monitoring what jokes comedians use than the hard work of chasing real crime.
Getting back to the question of having things original. Like I said before if that’s what you want fine but if it’s not legal keep it off the road. In the UK there is only one person who is exempt from the law of the land and that is Her Majesty the Queen. It applies in full to the rest of us. Seven owners included.

John Mason.