The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick-fit/remove indicators
The instructions claim a 10-metre - and this does check out. Tried with the engine running in the garage - and they d0work. Knowing the vagaries of the A7 ignition system that appears to vary with temperature, humidity, cloud cover and what one consumed for lunch - an open-road test will follow - which was successful. The only fault I can find is that the controller has a weak sound and rather dim light. Could it be linked by Bluetooth to a raster-blaster?
I have a Ruby and like others not wanting to drill holes in the body or wings. My answer was to attach the indicators on brackets to the rear of the bumper using the outer bumper bolts. Fronts being above and rears below the bumper. This puts the indicators nearer the corners of the vehicle than it does with number plate mounted.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(02-06-2022, 11:45 AM)John Mason Wrote: I have a Ruby and like others not wanting to drill holes in the body or wings. My answer was to attach the indicators on brackets to the rear of the bumper using the outer bumper bolts. Fronts being above and rears below the bumper. This puts the indicators nearer the corners of the vehicle than it does with number plate mounted.

John Mason.
Sadly, the Chummy and early saloons don't have those oh-so-convenient bumpers. The usual method is to fit brackets held on the lower wing stay bolt at the front and on the number plate support bracket at the rear.
On our Ruby we have the Dunford-fitted space-age-type Invisible Indicators built into the rear reflectors and front sidelights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWB2PCbCb4Y

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I thought these might be a good idea, so I bought a set and fitted them this morning; I mounted the rears like Tony did, and 
used a pair of domestic ironmongery brackets for the front, mounted on the top radiator shell mounting:

Unfortunately I think John Cornforth has identified the flaw; they seem to work satisfactorily in the garage, but I've just been for a short run, and the rears seem to only work occasionally. They may be fine on Tony's alloy-bodied tourer, but I suspect the steel shell of my saloon may be too much for the system  Sad
I wonder, Mike if your ignition system was fitted with suppressors it might help?
I think it's the screening of the steel body, the fronts are working fine, but not the rears.
I've just done an extended test, with Anne following to check, and on mine the left rear is reluctant. The others all work and so, as a temporary job is will have to do. I like the cunning mount you cooked up!