The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick-fit/remove indicators
No indicators? Hand signals not visible in heavy rain or at night? Might these quickly fitted and removable bicycle jobs do the job?

Video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqi9fYvC9Rs

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tony, I have 2 pairs of those ready to fit. I was planning to use magnets or velcro but you appear to have a better solution using stretchy O-rings? That would work for the rear where there's a number plate hoop to attach to, but what did you do for the front pair?
That looks promising; as Mike has asked, how do you fasten them to the front of the car, and how have you located the control box?
Ah! Fitting to the front is the problem.... I suppose the usual sort of bracket could be attached a wing-stay bolt, or small extensions, in material the same as the rear number plate support, bolted to each end of the number plate. As the rear is the more important location for flashers I did those first. Eventually, when the car is properly rebuilt after all the many faults and non-original items have been fixed, I might change to a permanent system.
Hi Tony

I fitted conventional indicators on a bracket fixed to the back of the front number plate using a strong magnet (taxis use them to fit the sign on the roof). So far they haven’t fallen off  Big Grin. It means they are very easy to pull off to return the car to original.

Cheers

Howard
The control box is fastened to the dash with a small piece of black Velcroe.

(01-06-2022, 07:08 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Tony

I fitted conventional indicators on a bracket fixed to the back of the front number plate using a strong magnet (taxis use them to fit the sign on the roof). So far they haven’t fallen off  Big Grin. It means they are very easy to pull off to return the car to original.

Cheers

Howard

Sounds like a good idea - might we see pictures of how the installation works?
(01-06-2022, 10:02 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: The control box is fastened to the dash with a small piece of black Velcroe.

(01-06-2022, 07:08 AM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Tony

Cheers

Howard

Sounds like a good idea - might we see pictures of how the installation works?
Hi Tony

Two photos

One showing the mounting plate and magnets the other how it looks in practice.  I would imaging your LEDs would be much lighter than the motorcycle lights I use and might only need one magnet?

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   7B0DF441-E003-45C6-9DE4-6B66F243DA48.jpeg (Size: 136.37 KB / Downloads: 319)
.jpeg   2871DB06-C7CE-42CC-97D2-96853AA47075.jpeg (Size: 146.05 KB / Downloads: 319)
Thank you. That makes it clear.
Here's how I'm going to mount, as unobtrusively as possible, the front indicators on the number plate. Final assembly, alignment - and a lick of black paint - will do for now. The little brass 5BA screw at the end of the aluminium arm is a 'just-in-case job' to stop the unit from sliding off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi

Presumably these things use a Bluetooth 2.4 GHz short range radio link to command the lights from the controller ?

As an A7 has rather a larger metal "presence" than a bike, plus a wideband spark transmitter (ignition system) up front, I will be interested to know if the Bluetooth has enough oomph to overcome this. If so it would be very handy.