The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Jubilee entry list…
just keeping quiet
When we formed the Bristol Austin Seven Club in 1965 we had very strict rules about whether Specials were admitted at all,and Big 7s were specifically excluded.
Thanks for sharing the entry list.

It appears that our RN RV 2811 (known as Harvey) was there as entry 182. I hadn't known the names of any owners before the 1990s. Thanks to the entry list I now know that in 1972 it was owned by J A Reeves.

Harvey, like many Sevens, no longer has its original crankcase. The crankcase now fitted to Harvey (88264) was originally in a 1929 two-seat Swallow which was also at the event (entry 182). I also know this because it is registered as UV 6725 and I have seen the car on the You Tube film of the event (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxKD1voT-7c&t=341s).
My mother is on there (entry 350) in the car that has just passed onto my 14 year old son. He's in the process of returning it to the road aided (poorly) by me - an entrance into Seven'ing for him and a re-entry for me. 

We've just found out about the centenary rally and were going to enter but have just found out we can't go at all! oh, well...
But if you live within striking distance of Gloucestershire or regularly use a trailer you can enter the Sevens Tour of Cotswolds Hillclimbs which takes place on Friday 22nd July. Booking proceeding apace but still places available.
Hi

I was just wondering if there are any photos of the event? I was hoping I maybe able to spot my car.

I hadn't previously realised until seeing this thread that my car attended the event (Rally No 346).

I have watched the film that the archive has but I've had no luck spotting my car.

Thanks 

Matthew