The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater....
Original,spelt "unique"?
One off.

Better, (slightly) than a saloon that's had the roof hacked off with a 9" angle grinder though. Haven't seen one of those for a while either.
It looks like the carpeting and the vinyl over the boot was put in over a couple of hours. I noticed the staples, but also the bit around the handbrake cover and lots of puckers. And what is that over O/S rear wheel well. Is it vinyl covered or did someone try to have their way with the metal without a shrinker. Metal doesn't like curves unless it is formed.

Erich in Mukilteo
Jon E - I understand that this trader is already known to Kent Trading Standards and I have it on the highest authority that they're in the process of finding out more in connection with another car.

Reckless Rat - What, like this? (Not guilty, m'lud).........

like many other one make car clubs around there are many sleeping "proverbial original axes around" and all of the sleeping dogs were left to lie by the d.v.l.a until the shit hit the fan because of one very well known prestige sports car club helping to provide I.Ds to boxes of spare parts best to all Rob.
Perhaps tapping it will confirm real or a fake.
Ian, that will give the woodworms a headache; you'll have the RSPCA down on you.
Here are a few shots of two 2-seaters at the Derbyshire Centenary run. One early 1930, the other late 1930 or early 1931. I like the "centre cut-away" dashboard on the early 1930 long-scuttle car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Spelled "unique". Now, would that be very unique or just ordinary unique?
I don't know if it's just me but the car under discussion looks to me that it's a bit big on the arse department. Is it possible that it's a genuine boat-tail body that has been stretched to fit on a long chassis. Comparing the photos from page 1 and those of the 31 car the distance between the rear end and the B pillars seem different. Wheels may be a clue - closed centre as against open centre, 4 speed box, etc.