The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... (/showthread.php?tid=7504)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - Tony Griffiths - 13-05-2022

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/398893042100345[/align]  Spot the problems; I'll kick off with a minor one - the cross-head screws holding on the non-original aluminium door capping. I've altered the highlight/shadow balance in some pictures to bring out more detail.

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - Steve kay - 13-05-2022

“Canterbury” is in Kent. Is that anywhere near Dover? Is it as close as you can get to Dover due to tailbacks on the A2 and everywhere else in the Garden of England? I am impressed by the use of special machinery that can staple carpet onto steelwork. Maybe it is hydraulic or huge staple press driven by line shafting, perhaps built by AF Craig in Paisley in about 1907. Perhaps not.

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - austin - 13-05-2022

(13-05-2022, 09:23 AM)Steve kay Wrote: “Canterbury” is in Kent. Is that anywhere near Dover? Is it as close as you can get to Dover due to tailbacks on the A2 and everywhere else in the Garden of England? I am impressed by the use of special machinery that can staple carpet onto steelwork. Maybe it is hydraulic or huge staple press driven by line shafting, perhaps built by AF Craig in Paisley in about 1907. Perhaps not.

Yes, it's from our man in Dover.

Even the Austin script on the radiator is wonky!

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - Hedd_Jones - 13-05-2022

Looks like some/all of a boat tail body, has it been lengthened in the scuttle to fit LWB chassis?

Certainly longer in the scuttle than other high rad boat tails I've seen.

The windscreen is unmolested, and will be unique to the boat tail in terms of width.

I had a '32 box registered in Kent on a 3 + 3. But I think '31 unlikely

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - Mike Costigan - 13-05-2022

"Car Number 25, Original Plate".

That's curious, as number 25 would place it as very early 1929 at the latest, that registration dates from March 1933 - at least twelve months after the last boat-tail was built - and the car displays characteristics mostly relating to late 1931!

There's undoubtedly elements of an original boat-tail somewhere in the car, but champions of originality might well be advised to steer clear; having said that, it might be a worth-while buy at the advertised price, but a personal inspection is probably a necessary precaution!

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - JonE - 13-05-2022

It's on the Register as a yellow RP.

Seriously, wouldn't trading standards be interested in that description?

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - goodwoodweirdo - 13-05-2022

decent price I'd say, then body it how you want :-)

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - Hedd_Jones - 13-05-2022

Its certainly an attractive 2 seater open car.

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - Steve kay - 13-05-2022

Thank you to who ever added the price and description, ooops forgot the inverted commas for “description.” The text immediately identifies the vendor, and as mentioned above the price is almost sensible for a rebody project. But no underbonnet images. HC head, ill fitted SU, Reliant engine? A suitably set up 1172 could produce a good trialling machine. Then again….. back to the workshop.

RE: An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater.... - Nick Salmon - 13-05-2022

It says it is a 'very original car' so it must be a very original car, musn't it? [Image: wink.png]