The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin in a van?
Many thanks for all your answers, it now transpires that he's using Shipley.
Probably a good choice.
Thanks again.
Hi Peter,
Is there a conveniently located door on the side of the van to allow access to the ruby to get in, start the engine and drive it out?
Anything is possible!
Picture courtesy of the MCC news of the week.

.png   Van.png (Size: 382.03 KB / Downloads: 353)
Graham,

Yes there is a door on the side but it doesn't line up with the Ruby door. Entry and exit via the passenger window, very ungainly and I think I failed the Dukes of Hazard audition!
and fwiw a mini van works just as well - there was 2 extra rims and an extra engine in there too.  Big Grin

.jpg   a7.jpg (Size: 208.79 KB / Downloads: 321)
Alvis 12/50 in a VW Crafter van.

Austin in a MB Sprinter.

On a slightly more serious note to my post (and obviously we already have proof of concept) I was briefly at the A7 day at Beaulieu in 2106. (We were visiting the estate and the museum and only belatedly realized the A7s were there) I got there as people were loading up and did meet a lovely couple who brought their car in their sprinter, unloaded the car and camped in the sprinter. Their bed occupied the '7' space and folded up in two halves when they needed to transport the car - it was a lovely and convenient setup.
We are using a motorcycle mover to get ourselves and car to the centenary in July. Geoff came over today for a dry run to check we could load the 65 into the van. No problems and plenty of spare room for luggage, tools etc.
I came across him when we hired him to deliver a motorbike my son and I renovated and sold last year. He was straightforward and professional.
He is a one man band who I would thoroughly recommend and has the benefit that he's fully insured, which of course you're not in a hire van.
Being from Yorkshire his prices are very competitive. His number is 07766 666169 or search "anybikeanywhere.co.uk" on Facebook.
Hi All

I’ve been waiting to post on this topic for a short while.  But I’ve waited until I’d actually tried fitting the Brookfields in my new bus.

But it does fit….just (with the front wheels and starting handle removed.

Now I’ll duck and wait for flack………The bus is a Vauxhall Vivaro e Combi.  Yes it’s a BEV all electric.

And I’m very chuffed with it.  Hopefully we can sleep in it at our destination once the Brookfields has been removed.

Cheers

Howard

.jpeg   612A3114-5CB4-429B-9A37-DEB52EA192C4.jpeg (Size: 168.76 KB / Downloads: 162)
.jpeg   8C85B561-DD7A-4E03-9FA4-E65576FF55B0.jpeg (Size: 150.28 KB / Downloads: 163)
.jpeg   1106420A-0D9D-4DE0-972E-0BE8AC625DCE.jpeg (Size: 105.91 KB / Downloads: 164)
that's impressive! well done