The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Centenary Celebration.
(20-04-2022, 01:43 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: Ditto.

I wouldn't know what to do with a QR code.   I don't have a phone that can read them.
Neither have I Malcolm,Have printed out and laminated one for something else.
Big Grin 
hi all, just a up date on Arthur, and co they all made it home back to S.Wales on Wednesday at 4.pm. Only problem was that Arthurs Ruby had two wheel with very loose spokes, so did the last 150 miles with his and Sara's spare wheel on his Ruby. S&P
And today’s hot news is that the Fire Service College have taken delivery of three mk VI  carriages, donated by Eversholt Rail for training purposes. Luckily I am unable to download any images from the Railway Gazette.
They have some remarkable train 'dioramas' on site. An HST to rehearse evacuations, a carriage on its side on a platform representing a derailment and a rake of oil tankers. All this along with anything else firfighters may have to deal with. There is a pile of cars, I recall, with their roofs cut off...
A fake ship too!

The incident ground is quite post apocalyptic in appearance. My sister, who enjoys abandoned buildings, came on the visit too and was in her element.
More JOGLE 2022 Finishers
Well done to Robert and Wendy Davies for Completing the run. Their trip took them down the East side of the country with stops at Aviemore, Dunfermline , Durham, Grantham, Southampton (home for Easter break ) Exeter and Camborne .
The speedo in the van stopped at 500 miles and the petrol cap was lost on the last leg .....not too much to worry about .
After Lands End they drove back to Southampton.
Congratulations Mum and Dad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just in case anyone missed it, anyone turning up to Pre-War Prescott to spectate on Saturday 16th July (the weekend immediately prior to the Moreton-in-Marsh celebration) in an Austin 7 will be given completely free entry, and we will be parking the spectating Sevens in a dedicated celebration area in the Orchard immediately adjacent to the start line.  Spectators will have full and free access to the Paddock, the hill, catering, trade stands, and all the fun of the fair including the Centenary Austin 7 display in the Paddock, plus a grandstand view of the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Avro Lancaster PA474 which is due to display in the afternoon.  A lunchtime Austin 7 cavalcade up the hill is also being planned for those who enter Pre-War Prescott proper.

Full entries for Pre-War Prescott remain open at this time if you would like to join in and climb the hill.

If that is not enough to whet your appetite, we have scenic tours on Friday and Sunday, plus the Lewis & Nicholson team challenge on Sunday - the annual and hotly-contested navigation rally competition between teams of Austin Sevens and vintage Morris Minors.  There is also a Sunday lunchtime vintage picnic at the idyllic Colesbourne Manor in the Cotswolds on Sunday 17th for those entering the Sunday runs - either the navigation rally or the parallel scenic tour.  Full details and online entry for any of these events at www.prewarprescott.com or e-mail me at vintageminor@gmail.com if you have any questions or special requests.
It is perhaps fortunate that the Lewis & Nicholson is not run under similar regs to the Schneider Trophy, as Sevens would have taken it home in perpetuity some time ago. But no, every year we faithfully return one or other sculpture or the decorative compass, the latter currently proudly siting just in font of this desk, and for hours of nail-biting navigation and fearsome descents of multiple chevrons, make our way to the finish, which is often quite close to the last page in Ian's route book. Humble Sevenists, who can barely tell the difference between a Romer and a slide rule, just manage by a half minute or three quarters of a point, to blow the Minors into the weeds. So should we enter a second Scuderia Seven? Fear not, scrutineers will not pronounce you ineligible if your Chummy has a Big Seven front axle, will they Adrian? That's enough hiding in the study, I hear Ruby brakes calling.
You forgot to mention the fords.

This year, the Mighty Minorists are going to give you a run for your money on Sunday. On the team this year we have Paul Tunnicliffe, the illustrious VSCC Prez in his 1930 Morris Minor (the ultimate vintage sports car, one must agree) who will be channeling his inner Ned Lewis - the first Competition Secretary of the VSCC, and Morris Minor owner, after whom half of the Trophy is named.

http://vintageminor.co.uk/Summerrally201...rophy.html

Planning for the whole day will be meticulous this year, as we have one Mr. Newey entering his SS100, so no room for organizational cock-ups ...