The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NKG sparkplug
Do they sell them in boxes of ten in the States too? I never understood that.
Alan Fairless
(02-04-2022, 12:57 PM)Alan Wrote: Do they sell them in boxes of ten in the States too? I never understood that.

Yup
They don't suit 2 Volvos so maybe ten outboards?

C
That’ll be a Chevy V8 and a Harley, then.
Alan Fairless
I’m running on NGKs at the moment, in fact just come back from a blast in the box and it seems to b3 buzzing along nicely, nevertheless, I ordered some Champion D21s this morning, so I’ll see if the old banger runs any better and will report back.
Aside from the slight intolerance to suboptimal mixtures with the more modern versions I've never had a problem with NGKs. I've tried Champions in various grades and compared them to A6, A7 and A8 NGKs and found no difference in performance.

C
I have had "never touch them" advice regarding Bosch, NGK, Champion and other makes and I've never had any trouble with any specific make or engine. I use Bosch Platinum in the BMW engines I have, I had Champion in the last Austin 7 and the BSA Trike has NGK. I usually change the plugs at around 6000 miles as a matter of course, a little extravagant perhaps. They all seem to start first kick and run well enough IMHO and if they don't I assume it's operator malfunction unless there are other symptoms.
(Oops,I shouldn't have said that should I...)
Check carefully:

How to identify fake spark plugs | NGK spark plugs (ngkntk.com)
Having read that article I will check...
Once you have the correct grade plug and correct mixture I have found no difference in performance between any of the brands. I in actual fact use a lot of NOS Lodge and KLG plugs in my cars simply because I like the appearance of more period looking plugs, and I have been fortunate enough to bulk purchase a few, but that is of little relevance. My original comment was to raise awareness that NGK plugs are not particularly tolerant of less that ideal combustion environments, I do find that if you are going to have an NGK plug go down it will happen quite quickly after replacing them, once they have a fine layer of light brown/grey soot on them they appear to be reasonably reliable.
Black Art Enthusiast