The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NKG sparkplug
Looking for the part number for a NKG sparkplug for the Austin 7. Someone listed one a while back and could not find it in the advanced search area.
For a Ruby head either a B6HS or if you are burning a little oil or running rich then a B5HS will reduce fouling, be aware NGK plugs foul very easily when they new especially if you have an engine where the mixture and or the rings are not perfect. The reason this happens appears to be the way modern NGK plugs don't have a glazed electrode. Always carry a coupe of spares and if you start to experience misfiring they would be the first thing to check.
Black Art Enthusiast
And make sure they are genuine NGK- apparently lots of fakes around
I have recently recommissioned a Ruby, it having been sat for five years. There were four new NKG plugs fitted. Discounting a plug problem I tried all sorts to get the car to run and pull. To cut along story short, it was the plugs, I fitted Champion B6 HS plugs and it ran like a dream.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
NKG plugs are definitely fakes.

Be sure to buy NGK plugs or preferably Champion.
(02-04-2022, 01:00 AM)SneezerUSA Wrote: Looking for the part number for a NKG sparkplug for the Austin 7. Someone listed one a while back and could not find it in the advanced search area.

If you have an early car (which I think you do) with 18mm plugs it's NGK AB6, or if you are lucky you may find "new old stock" A6 plugs. They are the same plug but with the original larger hex drive. 
Beware the fakes and and as Ian said modern NGK plugs seem intolerant of oil. The older A6 type seem better.  

Charles
I realise you're in the USA Sneezer, however here in the UK 'The Green Spark Plug Company Ltd' is a reputable supplier of spark plugs - here's their 18mm NGK AB-6. As others have said, if you're buying locally or online watch out for fake NGK plugs there's an awful lot of them about.

https://www.gsparkplug.com/1x-ngk-copper...gJ5T_D_BwE
(02-04-2022, 06:09 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: I have recently recommissioned a Ruby, it having been sat for five years. There were four new NKG plugs fitted. Discounting a plug problem I tried all sorts to get the car to run and pull. To cut along story short, it was the plugs, I fitted Champion B6 HS plugs and it ran like a dream.

+1 for Champions!

Howard
I have never had any luck with NGK plugs. My late lamented Mk2 polo wouldn't run properly on them - I had to get it either Bosch or Beru plugs. I am currently using Champion D18s in the RP and these seem to be indestructible.
Go for Champions if you can.
(02-04-2022, 08:58 AM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: I realise you're in the USA Sneezer, however here in the UK 'The Green Spark Plug Company Ltd' is a reputable supplier of spark plugs - here's their 18mm NGK AB-6. As others have said, if you're buying locally or online watch out for fake NGK plugs there's an awful lot of them about.

https://www.gsparkplug.com/1x-ngk-copper...gJ5T_D_BwE

I recently bought a whole box of new A6's from Florida for USD 15. Had them delivered to the office in New York and collected them last month. 
I have a very obliging admin manager over there, which helps. 

Charles